Senior Manager, Statistics (RWE)
- Provide scientific leadership and technical support for Pfizer clinical projects involving real-world data (RWD). This is a science-based position with limited administrative responsibilities.
- The applicant will work with teams in many projects within a therapeutic area. The emphasis will be on analysis of RWD. The applicant is expected to develop effective collaborations with relevant stakeholders including health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), clinicians, RWE statisticians, and statistical programmers regarding RWD analysis and strategy.
- The primary responsibility and effort for the position is project specific collaboration focusing on RWD analysis, with potential to expand to other types of data. There is also opportunity for longer-term methodological research to improve observational study design and analysis, training and external activities. External publications, presentations, and other professional activities are supported.
- The successful candidate will:
- Increase expertise amongst Pfizer statisticians and scientists through dissemination of new RWD analysis and modern analytic methodologies and training on software to implement these approaches.
- Collaborate with development teams by the development and implementation of techniques based on state-of-the-art research.
- Provide statistical support in the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of RWD, as well as clinical and other data, including the statistical interpretation of published or internally generated results in order to inform decision-making.
- Work with RWD Analysts, HEOR colleagues, clinicians, clinical statisticians, and statistical programmers to develop RWD analysis plan.
- Participate in relevant internal meetings and engage in proactive communications with project teams to better understand scientific and business needs.
- Provide computational and statistical advice on complex RWD analysis problems supporting Pfizer projects.
- Strong programming skills in SAS with an emphasis on analysis and reporting of RWD
- Develop, implement and promote methodologies based on state-of-the-art computing research and dissemination of the results both internally and externally.
- Provide a strong presence for Pfizer with regulatory, HTA and professional organizations to influence knowledge generation and content of regulatory guidelines to support use of RWD and analysis methods.
- Develop effective collaborations with relevant non-statistical researchers.
- Stay current with research on RWD methodology and its applications pertinent to the Pfizer business needs.
- Be up-to-date on training and compliance with all Pfizer SOPs as required based on the assigned curriculum.
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of experience in working in a cross-functional team and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Ph.D. in biostatistics, data science, or related disciplines, A minimum of 3 years of experience in RWD and clinical trial analysis and reporting. Candidates with less work experience, or experience in other fields, will also be considered if they have exceptional methodology research credentials and potential.
- Experience with advanced inferential statistics and modern analytic methods such as propensity scores, regularized generalized linear models, random forest, and related techniques to analyze RWD
- Demonstrated understanding of RWD and observational study design and analysis
- Familiarity with drug development processes
- Evidence of creative thought-leadership, professional presence, and scholarship through publications and presentations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in relating to colleagues and associates both inside and outside the organization
- Broad-based understanding of statistical theory and its application
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Medical#LI-Remote #LI-PFE