Lead Generation Representative, APAC
Position: Lead Generation Representative – APAC (Singapore based)
Reports to: APAC Marketing Director
Pacific Bioscience is seeking a Lead Generation Representative with a strong customer focus to successfully communicate and position PacBio products to new customers in APAC. The ideal candidate will be able to engage with potential customers within several market areas to uncover their research needs, assess fit with existing PacBio solutions, and communicate PacBio value propositions. Reporting to the APAC marketing director, and as a member of the larger sales support team, this role will focus on outbound as well as inbound prospecting to qualify high quality leads & discover new opportunities to reach and exceed the company revenue plan, penetrate a broader market, and displace competition.
- Closely working with distributor commercial teams to drive and consolidate lead generation results obtained from distributor initiated efforts
- Working with APAC marketing communications manager to execute & manage independent automated outbound campaigns to prospect for new business and identify new strategic accounts
- Identify, prospect & qualify leads by conducting introductory and consultative discussions, primarily via telephone and email
- Work collaboratively with Distributor and regional Territory Managers, Marketing, Sales Application Specialists to nurture and qualify potential new customers.
- Accurately document interactions & manage the CRM, from first contact through qualification, then successfully transition marketing qualified leads to regional sales teams (including distributors).
- Explain and present PacBio's core SMRT Sequencing technology to potential customers sourced from a diverse base of digital and company marketing activities
- Articulate key applications and emphasize the unique selling points, finding mutually beneficial outcomes to all parties, addressing specific customer needs
- Support management in reporting on pipeline metrics and actively suggesting data-driven improvements for sales strategies, tactics, and/or sales process for achieving revenue goals
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- The position is primarily a remote job function, working from home, with minimal travel time requirements (
- Minimum of a BS degree or equivalent experience in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in lead generation, prospecting, field applications, or pre-sales customer support
- Familiarity with the sales process and proven success in a strategic sales environment, including prospecting, lead qualification, and early opportunity development
- Experience with Salesforce.com, or equivalent CRM
- Marketo/Pardot/Salesloft lead management and email automation experience a plus
- Understanding of or experience with DNA sequencing instruments and assays
- Conducts presentations effectively, professionally, and comfortably to customers and management
- Proven ability to proactively engage with customers, quickly establish rapport, ask thoughtful questions, and influence decisions
- Strong time management, organizational, and planning skills are essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluency in English required, additional language proficiency is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.