Supply Chain Sr Mgr (Development Supply Chain Lead)
Development Supply Chain (DSC) is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of products, process knowledge and technology solutions to enable Amgens accelerated product commercialization. The DSC business spans from demand and supply planning, sourcing, manufacturing to distribution of products to support clinical trials globally. As an integral part of Process Development organization, DSC provides an innovation ecosystem to advance differentiating multi-modality capabilities and gain insight in development and regulated environment in support of product and process development. Leveraging our tech transfer and manufacturing capabilities, DSC serves as a launch site to enable speed to market for Amgens innovative products and biosimilars. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who will drive strategic decisions in support of Product Development Teams (PDTs) and help advance Amgens program portfolio.
Serving as the DSCL for several programs with the following scope:
- Serve as a program-specific single point of contact for end-to-end DSC strategies
- Provide DSC subject matter expertise to Product Delivery Teams for accelerated or highly complex programs ensuring reliable and efficient execution
- Lead program-specific supply chain teams to obtain accurate demand forecast, to manage supply plans and to mitigate risks
- Develop, manage and monitor long-range supply strategies that fulfill varying clinical develop plans with consideration to product intermediate and finished good variations and impact on DSC budget, capabilities and capacities
- Apply Lean principles to our business processes including respecting our staff, identifying and eliminating waste and driving continuous improvement
- Manage all aspects of demand and supply planning for Amgen Partnerships, liaising with both Alliance Management and our business partners, to ensure supply needs are met
- Doctorate degree OR
- Master's Degree & 3 years of Supply Chain, Operations, Life Science directly or related experience OR
- Bachelor's Degree & 5 years of Supply Chain, Operations, Life Science directly or related experience OR
- Associate degree & 10 years of Supply Chain, Operations, Life Science directly or related experience OR
- High school diploma/GED & 15 years of Supply Chain, Operations, Life Science directly or related experience
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences, Engineering or Business
- 5 + years of work experience in the planning, manufacturing and global distribution of medicinal products
- 3 + years organizational or program management (leading teams, cross-functional problem solving, performance management, budget oversight, process development and improvement)
- 3 + years of work experience in clinical study design, approval, supply and management
- 3+ years of supply chain management using SAP (logistics, supply planning, demand management)
- APICS CPIM/CIRM certification
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.