Temp - QC Analyst (Business Systems)
Summary: Assists in coordinating and prioritizing QC IT projects (LIMS, LES, ELN, SDMS, Empower) and activities to support ongoing Quality Control department needs. This position reports to the Pr. Business Systems Analyst and assists in interfacing with the IOPS IT group (both Raheen and Rensselaer sites).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide administrative support for additional computerized systems such as: QUMAS (document and process management system), MS Share Point, LIMS, ELN, SDMS, Empower, and other QC software systems.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define and prioritize QC IT projects and initiatives. Communicate needs, priorities and due dates to the IOPS IT group.
- Meet with users to determine to define the corresponding IT requirements for new and existing IT projects.
- Coordinate the needs of QC functional areas and establish priorities for LIMS configurations, such as implementation of new specifications, design of LIMS templates for new/revised test methods, design of queries and reports
- Work with the IT group on projects such as defining User Requirement Specifications and execution of test plans.
- Provide training and support to QC end-users for IT systems.
- Review documents and ensure consistency with SOPs and current formats.
- Assist in writing and revising Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), User Requirement Specifications (URSs) and Functional Requirement Specifications (FRSs) with current formats.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA in related field and preferred minimum 2 years of relevant Database/LIMS experience/MS Share Point; may substitute relevant experience in lieu of educational requirement.
- Experience with Labware LIMS and/or Waters NuGenesis; super-user or administrative role experience is preferred but not required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Requires excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities with organizational and time management skills.
- Positive, proactive approach to drive projects/tasks to completion.
- Must be a strong, dependable team player.
- Familiarity with electronic lab management systems and quality compliance requirements.