Talent Acquisition Partner, Life Sciences
Talent Acquisition Partner, Life Sciences
About the Role
Freenome is undergoing a hyper growth period as we begin to scale in preparation for commercialization, as well as market launch of our blood-based, early stage cancer diagnostics test. We are seeking an experienced Life Sciences Talent Acquisition Partner to lead full-cycle talent searches across multiple teams at Freenome. You would find, engage and hire exceptional technical talent across multiple teams, ranging from individual contributor to Director, and Executive-level.
As a trusted business partner, you will empower our leaders to make the best hiring decisions through defining, creating and executing innovative talent strategies based on deep understanding of business needs aligned with your understanding of the candidate marketplace.
Your impact will bring together a truly diverse team of engineers, scientists, and researchers who will push the limits of machine learning and molecular biology to change the way doctors and patients approach early cancer screening.
How you’ll contribute:
- As a strategic thought partner with Freenome’s leaders, you will craft and manage robust hiring plans, define sourcing strategies, provide expert talent solutions and deliver on quarterly hiring metrics
- Build robust, diverse pipelines using a combination of trusted and novel sourcing techniques and tools to identify, engage and hire top-of-class passive talent
- Own higher volume, concurrent technical searches from inception to close (15+)
- Develop creative research and sourcing strategies to seek out and engage coveted, top-tier talent in a competitive market
- Be an advocate for both internal and external stakeholders throughout the hiring process; delivering a high-touch, white glove candidate experience
- Conduct deep market due diligence at inception of searches to understand the search needs, build an optimal recruiting plan, market map, and ensure calibration amongst stakeholders
- Navigate complex offers and overcome objections to ultimately show Freenome’s value
- Be a guardian and champion of our culture and candidate experience
- Use recruiting metrics and hiring data to support and drive mission critical impact and value to your hiring managers, elevating the recruiting experience for all stakeholder
- Contribute your innovative research strategies for talent pooling, market mapping and competitor analysis to elevate Freenome’s recruiting efforts
- Partner with recruiting team members on planning, implementation, and adoption of new and existing programs, tools, and workflows to continue building the effectiveness and efficiency of our process as we resource for rapid growth
Freenome has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, our employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
What you’ll bring:
- 6+ years experience leading full cycle life sciences or biotech searches with 2+years in-house experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment (strong preference for start-up experience)
- Expertise hiring niche roles within the Molecular Biology domain is strongly preferred (Laboratory Operations, Research & Development, Clinical Development/Research, Quality, Regulatory as well as Commercial or Business roles)
- Demonstrated grit and resilience in sourcing, engaging and hiring passive talent in a highly competitive market
- Demonstrable ability to successfully prioritize and handle a higher volume requisition load (10-15+)
- Proven ability to adapt to various groups and establish common ground to effectively influence others
- Strong communication, interpersonal, relationship building, consulting with all teams in a matrixed organization
- You lead by example: A great teammate who is inclusive, collaborative, self-directed and highly motivated with a sense of urgency, and has strong organizational skills
- You'll blend expertise with creativity and innovation while helping us improve and scale our process, practices, and employer branding
- You embody grit, tenacity, empathy, and integrity
Freenome is on a mission to empower everyone with the tools they need to detect, treat, and ultimately prevent cancer.
We have pioneered the most comprehensive multiomics platform for early cancer detection through a routine blood draw. By combining deep expertise in molecular biology with advanced computational biology and machine learning techniques to recognize disease-associated patterns among billions of circulating, cell-free biomarkers, we are developing simple and accurate blood tests for early cancer detection and integrating the actionable insights into health systems to operationalize a machine learning feedback loop between care and science.
Our recent $270 Million Series C brings our financing to over $500 million from investors, including; Bain Capital, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Polaris Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, funds and accounts advised by T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., GV (formerly Google Ventures), Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures, Data Collective Venture Capital, Novartis and Verily Life Sciences.
Freenome is building technology to advance the understanding of cancer through multiple analytes derived from blood. These signals include cell-free DNA, methylation of cell-free DNA, cell-free RNA, circulating proteins, and immune profiling derived from thousands of prospective samples. By developing novel statistical learning methods and applying them to integrate various -omics datasets, Freenome is a leader in modeling specific biological mechanisms to capture disease-dependent signatures, including gene expression, immune response, tumor burden, the tissue of origin, and 3D chromatin structure.
By building comprehensive discovery datasets and modeling critical biological systems, Freenome is learning what biological changes are present within the blood between a variety of different disease states, including cancer, autoimmune disorders, infections, drug response, and aging. The synthesis of Freenome’s datasets, cross-functional technical expertise, and audacious mission to discover biological truth, we seek to improve the lives of millions through early detection and early treatment of disease.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic, and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
We value empathy, integrity, and trust in one another, and we respect the diverse perspectives of our colleagues and those we serve. We assume positive intent and give each other the benefit of the doubt with the firm belief that we are a team working toward the same objectives. We believe in empowering and supporting each other in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
What does a successful person look like at Freenome?
Those who thrive at Freenome prioritize, manage, and execute their own goals with ownership and alignment with those of the company. They embrace our values of empathy, integrity, striving for greatness, servant leadership, trust, and holding themselves and their team accountable to these values. They crave collaboration with brilliant minds from disparate fields of study and believe that hiring and mentorship are fundamental to our success. Above all, they welcome and provide constructive feedback and criticism, trusting in others’ good intentions, and being secure in knowing that embracing mistakes is the best way to learn and grow. For those who pursue challenges, understudied problems, and want the opportunity to see their work impact the lives of millions of people affected by cancer every year, there’s no better place to be than Freenome.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.