Robotic Engineer and Fleet Maintenance Lead
About the Role
The ideal candidate for this role will have a combination of mechanical and technical skills and passion, and a curiosity and problem solving ability. Fleet maintenance is critical to our core platform. In addition, we are looking for a team player with strong communication and organizational skills.. The candidate will be an integral part of our systems integration team.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Initial setup, calibration, and deployment of Opentrons OT-2 automation robots. https://opentrons.com/ot-2
- Be able to travel to customer sites to deploy new installations of the OT-2. 10% travel time estimated initially.
- Train new customers and internal staff on the use, calibration, and preventative maintenance of the OT-2.
- Work with onsite staff to ensure OT-2s are performing as expected and to solicit feedback on performance and technical issues.
- Work with our internal Engineering team in developing experiment Labware components and ways to improve experiment Protocols.
- Maintain and manage an inventory of all OT-2s, components and accessories.
- Develop and perform “burn-in” process for new OT-2s before being deployed.
- Develop and perform an ongoing, regular maintenance procedure and schedule.
- Manage and maintain the OT-2 reservation application which allows users to reserve OT-2 resources. Microsoft PowerApps (will be trained).
- Respond to and manage Help Desk tickets related to OT-2 issues and support.
- Responsible for installing, testing, and validating our software applications on robotic workstations.
- Work with and oversee external contractors when necessary.
- Provide progress, and reports to supervisors.
- Provide technical training to internal users and support staff.
- Identify problems and suggest improvements.
- Create clean and orderly code.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting and maintaining robotic automation systems.
- Experience with robotic automation software, and manipulation of labware and protocol definition files.
- Ability to work closely within a team as well as to interact with diverse members of the company at large.
- Able to work full time.
- Microsoft Office 365 administration and proficiency with all core software applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, Office 365 Administration)
- Experienced in installing, repairing, and troubleshooting Windows based desktop/laptop computer hardware and peripherals
- Experienced in installing and troubleshooting wireless and mobile communications