Chromatography Consumables Account Manager
Our client is a major global supplier of chromatographic solutions predominately serving the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and chemical industries. They are seeking Account Managers (Sales) in California.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales targets assigned by the National Sales Manager.
· Conduct sales calls via phone and face-to-face customer meetings in order to achieve sales quotas.
· Provide quotes and pricing agreements to accounts and customers.
· Present and demonstrate the value propositions of columns and process media products to customers in R&D, process development, and manufacturing industries.
· Develop and execute a sales strategy and sales call pattern for the territory with key companies and customers.
· Utilize various tools to develop leads including the internet, company provided leads, newspapers, journals, and scientific publications.
· Maintain a high level of product technical and application knowledge.
· Recognize opportunities within assigned territories for new business.
· Promptly provide information, advise customers, and follow up on all leads.
· Travel as needed to customer sites, sales meetings, scientific conferences, and other events as needed while adhering to the expense policy.
· Analyze sales by account and product class on a quarterly basis to provide reports as requested by management.
· Provide sales forecasts to management.
· Maintain customer files, call history, and purchase data for accounts utilizing contact management software.
· Gather, maintain, and report on market trends and competitor information.
· Plan and implement seminars and other communication tools to generate leads and sales.
· Maintain a consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events.
· Implements marketing plan as applicable to sales territory.
Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering or related field.
Skills and Qualifications
· One to two years of experience working in biotechnology sales or laboratory experience that includes HPLC or downstream purification.
· A working knowledge of chromatography and the biopharmaceutical industry.
· Working knowledge of contact management, internet, email, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
· Effective negotiation skills.
· Strong understanding of the basic concepts involved in a sales process.
· Self-motivated and self-disciplined to execute the major duties and responsibilities of the position while working remotely.
· Poses the ability to identify, establish, and maintain strong relationships with potential customers including scientists, senior management, and purchasing groups.
· Fluent English verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent presentation skills.
· The ability to interact with colleagues and customers from multiple disciplines at all levels.
· The ability to get along with others and succeed in a team environment.
· Ability to travel domestically, by both auto and air, up to 50% of the work year.
· Ability to speak clearly so that others can understand.
· Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, including as a driver or passenger in an
· Ability to visit and move around at customer sites.
Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans