Senior Research Associate, TCR
At Lyell, our vision is to develop curative cell-based immunotherapies for solid tumor cancers. We have innovative science originating from our founder’s world class labs and a unique and disruptive approach to research and development. Our company is first and foremost focused on understanding the science. We are a learning organization, dependent on deep collaborative relationships between all of our colleagues, partners and founders. Our culture is based on Respect, Science, Courage and Collaboration and it reflects who we are and the environment we are creating.
We are seeking a Senior Research Associate to join our newly established R&D team in South San Francisco in the T Cell rejuvenation team. The candidate will be responsible for scientifically supporting the T cell rejuvenation team in developing assays to identify cell phenotypes of improved T cells for adoptive immunotherapy.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Can design, execute and analyze experiments independently
- Generation, maintenance and review of electronic lab notebook reports
- Collaborate internally with Scientists to interrogate our novel therapies in our assays and models
- Interprets, troubleshoots and discusses data with Scientists and Research Associates at meetings or through reports;
- Responsible for the completion of research, experiments and assignments that have an impact on functional goals
- Participate and thrive in an interactive, team-oriented culture
- Responsible for mentoring and possibly managing associates
- Experience with molecular biology protocols (i.e. PCR, Western, RT-PCR, basic cloning); more complex experience a plus
- Experience using and analyzing common immunology and oncology related to the specific project; cell therapy experience ideal, more complex experience a plus
- Proficient in sterile tissue culture technique and experience working with human cells especially human T cells
- Experience with flow cytometry assays and analysis; more complex analysis and cell sorting experience a plus
- Experience in data production and reporting for IND-enabling studies
- Additional specific experience related to the area of focus may be required
- BSc in biotechnology, molecular biology, microbiology, immunology, oncology or related field with a minimum of 7 years’ experience within the area of focus; or
- MSc in biotechnology, molecular biology, microbiology, immunology, oncology or related field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within the area of focus;
At Lyell, we believe that highest performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who respectfully challenge each other. We are committed to building an open, diverse and inclusive culture for all employees.
Lyell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.”
We’ve learned from experience that some of the best people don’t always match our requirements perfectly - if you’re interested and think you could fit, please don’t hesitate to apply.