Finance Shared Services RTR Accounting Lead
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Financial Shared Services (FSS) organization was established as one of the key operating model for AbbVie to provide accurate financial accounting and reporting for all business organizations. This Accounting Lead position will work closely with a number of stakeholders across AbbVie US R&D organization to support financial decision-making process by collecting, analyzing and reporting financial data. This includes process improvement initiatives that deliver agility and efficiency to total AbbVie Finance.
- Manage and coordinate the financial close process supporting US R&D organization, including coordinating journal entries process between business function and BPO team.
- Review BS account reconciliations and drive improvement action plan for quality control
- Provide financial and accounting analysis involving complex transactions
- Work in close partnership with the R&D Finance Controller and his/her delegates to ensure integrity of the ledgers and full compliance with accounting policies
- Propose and implement initiatives aimed to improve efficiency and quality of the financial process
- Research and resolve discrepancies and technical accounting issues as necessary
- Assist in audit preparation and all other projects assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· 6-8 years of progressive Accounting or Finance with specific accounting experience related to closing the books and executing accounting judgments
· Solid knowledge of AbbVie policies, U.S. GAAP, internal controls, SOX compliance and financial reporting requirements
· CPA preferred
- Proficient in SAP and Blackline tool
- Strong analytical skills – able to synergize data into information to make decisions, able to make recommendations and proposals
- Good communication skills, able to partner with all levels of management and professionals within the company
· Aptitude and strong desire for improving agility and executing continuous improvement
· Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities especially related to accounting decisions and judgments
· Process focused with experience in implementing process improvements or change management initiatives
· Customer service focused
- Builds relationships with peers and cross functionally team
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Open to suggestions and experimentation regarding accounting process
- Embraces the ideas of others, and opportunities for innovation
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.