Senior Scientist, Chemoproteomics
Scorpion Therapeutics is a precision oncology company founded in February 2020 by a preeminent group of scientists from Harvard University/Massachusetts General Hospital – Keith Flaherty, M.D., Gaddy Getz, Ph.D.and Liron Bar-Peled, Ph.D. Scorpion has secured $270 million in financing since it was founded in the first quarter of 2020 with Series A and B rounds led by Atlas Venture, Omega Funds, Vida Venture, with participation by Abingworth, Partners Health Care, and others.
Scorpion’s mission is to serve oncology patients by discovering and developing best-in-class and first-in-class small molecule cancer medicines that address large patient segments with significant unmet medical needs. To accomplish this mission, we are building a highly collaborative team focused on the pursuit of novel approaches to small molecule drug discovery. This approach relies upon dynamic collaboration between cancer biology, proteomics, informatics, structural biology and medicinal chemistry – with the ultimate goal of realizing the full potential of targeted/precision oncology.
We are seeking a highly motivated leader in Chemical Proteomics with substantial experience in mass-spectrometry to join our Chemical Biology team in Boston. The successful candidate will support development of mass-spectrometry-based proteome-wide chemical screens. This role will provide exposure to multiple phases of drug discovery and an opportunity to work with medicinal chemists, biologists and computational chemists to tackle “undruggable” targets.
- Design and implement high-throughput chemical library/proteome interactions screens.
- Drive innovation to streamline mass-spectrometry based proteomics efforts.
- Work in close collaboration with scientists from chemistry, biology and data science groups to drive development of new experimental methods for hit finding and validation.
- Provide interpretation and analysis of results and present findings in cross-functional project team meetings.
- Adhere to reproducible data science best practices.
- Maintain excellent communication across internal and external team members.
- Ph.D. in quantitative scientific field and 3+ years of professional experience.
- Understanding of current state-of-the-art methods for mass-spectrometry-based proteomics and data analysis, including operation and maintenance of LC-MS instrumentation.
- Experience in processing and extracting biological data from mass-spectrometry-based proteomics datasets.
- A strong record of achievement, including publications in high-impact journals.
- Integrity, scientific rigor and commitment to teamwork.
Scorpion Therapeutics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to create and maintain a diverse working environment. We do not discriminate for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.