Executive Administrative Assistant, US Market Access
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Position will report to the Vice President of US Market Access.
Responsibilities include all administrative functions of the department: answering phones, managing calendars, scheduling travel, managing correspondence and scheduling couriers, processing expense reports, planning meetings/events, creating or revising business documents, preparing presentations from source materials, handling teleconference, Web Ex and Blackberry/iPhone setups, managing billing, compiling meeting materials and other similar matters.
- Provides advanced administrative support to VP level or equivalent. May provide backup support to other staff as needed.
- Monitors and prioritizes executives email, highlights actions and routinely authors responses.
- Coordinates and maintains departmental files, as assigned, in compliance with corporate and legal guidelines.
- Follows company purchasing and other established procedures.
- Uses intermediate to advanced software skills to perform assigned work. Uses and understands Microsoft Office Suite and other business-specific software, including Corporate Travel website and other programs.
- Coordinates new employee office setups and onboarding.
- Professionally interacts with high level executives.
- Consistently handles confidential or business-sensitive information.
- Maintains and manages calendars, including meeting and travel scheduling and domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Proactively identifies and resolves scheduling conflicts.
- Minimum 3 years of administrative assistant related experience. High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience providing support to a VP level or equivalent.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, understanding of business processes and requirements.
- Self-starter able to function at a high level with general instruction.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross-functionally with partners outside of assigned group as necessary to enable effective and efficient Legal team operations.
- Team-oriented, can-do attitude and desire to be productive contributor to overall organization.
- Learns quickly and can change course quickly when needed.
- Open to suggestions and innovation for improvement.
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.