Scientist II, iPSC Reprogramming
At Lyell, our vision is to develop curative cell-based immunotherapies for solid tumor cancers. We have innovative science originating from our founder’s world class labs and a unique and disruptive approach to research and development. Our company is first and foremost focused on understanding the science. We are a learning organization, dependent on deep collaborative relationships between all of our colleagues, partners and founders. Our culture is based on Respect, Science, Courage and Collaboration and it reflects who we are and the environment we are creating.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- The design and development of new protocols to test hypotheses
- Think creatively to solve problems and develop new technology in a collaborative, team environment
- Analyze/interpret results and effectively communicate them to other scientists on the team
- Responsible for the completion of research, experiments, and assignments that have an impact on functional/technical goals
- Participate and thrive in an interactive, team-oriented culture
- Responsible for mentoring and possibly managing associates
- Involvement in steering the scientific direction of external collaborations
- Deep molecular knowledge and field expertise in cell aging and senescence
- Proven record of relevant experience and expertise in assays involving measurements related to epigenetics, DNA repair systems, apoptosis, telomere length, and metabolic pathways.
- Strong cell/molecular biology knowledge and experience.
- Consistent record of innovative contributions to cellular reprogramming, cellular aging, or senescence as evidenced by first / senior-authored publications in top-tier journals and patent authorship.
- Expansive experience with iPSC establishment, characterization, cell culture, and differentiation.
- Alternatively, Extensive experience with T cell biology, T cell expansion, characterization, and functional assays.
- Degree in molecular biology, medicine, stem cell biology, immunology, developmental biology, or related field. MS will be considered for the position accordingly with their professional experience.
- Deep knowledge in several biologic fields: iPSC and stem cell biology, immunology, and hematopoietic differentiation.
At Lyell, we believe that highest performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who respectfully challenge each other. We are committed to building an open, diverse and inclusive culture for all employees.
Lyell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.
We’ve learned from experience that some of the best people don’t always match our requirements perfectly - if you’re interested and think you could fit, please don’t hesitate to apply.