Senior Manager / Manager, R&D Finance & Accounting
Fate Therapeutics is currently seeking a finance and accounting professional responsible for finance and accounting related items related to the Companys clinical trials. This person will be a key member in the finance & accounting department, working cross functionally across the company to provide strategic insights, as well as support for day-to-day clinical trial accounting, finance and operational activities. This position reports to the Director, Accounting & Corporate Controller and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, California.
- Effectively collaborate with the operational project team members and stakeholders from Clinical, Manufacturing, Biostatistics/Data Management, Regulatory and Legal, as necessary, to create fully integrated study budgets for all of Fates clinical R&D programs. Track, report, and forecast on performance metrics related to study execution, timelines, deliverables and budgets.
- Lead financial analytics and reporting to support portfolio strategy and decision making. Ensure R&D investments align with executive level strategy and support both near and long term objectives.
- Provide analytical support for various clinical projects including budget and financial analysis, drafting cost estimates, work statements and financial reports.
- Review all clinical agreements, including but not limited to CRO contracts, clinical site contracts, consultant contracts, protocols, investigator clinical trial agreements, laboratory service providers and supporting technology platforms.
- Review accruals for clinical trial activity, including tracking actuals against budget, reconciling variances for all clinical sites, and providing data to internal stakeholders as needed.
- Assist with month-end close responsibilities including review of journal entries to the general-ledger and review of related clinical trial account reconciliations.
- Analyze the sufficiency of clinical trial accrual liability account balances.
- Review vendor requests for payments against contracts and work performed.
- Work independently to facilitate resolution of routine contract and invoicing issues within clinical trial agreements, consulting agreements and service agreements.
- Monitor and communicate spend/expense recognition against open purchase orders.
- Act as liaison with internal clinical operations department and external vendors/business partners to facilitate and engage in contract preparation, negotiation and administration.
- Interact with the clinical teams and finance team to ensure cross functional alignment.
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in accounting (or related business field) required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an accounting/finance role (an equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered)
- Public company, biotech/pharmaceutical company accounting experience preferred
- Working knowledge of cross-functional clinical processes and detailed understanding of clinical protocol design and implementation
- Able to collaborate effectively with internal and external study management teams to meet project timelines
- Results oriented with strong accounting, financial, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization, time management skills, and attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required (including Word and Excel).
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first- in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.