Global Marketing Manager, Gastroenterology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Global Marketing Manager, Gastroenterology – RINVOQ UC & CD
As a member of the Global Gastroenterology Marketing team, the Marketing Manager is responsible for designing, developing and implementing commercial initiatives and tactics aligned with the global brand strategic imperatives. The Marketing Manager will engage and collaborate with a cross-functional team including market access, medical affairs, regulatory, legal, health economics, public affairs, medical and regulatory review, patient relations, business insights, OEC, and global learning. Close partnership with Area and affiliate teams is also required to ensure global launch readiness and successful post-launch execution.
This role does not have direct reports but must demonstrate the ability to influence and lead cross-functionally to successfully drive the business. The Global Marketing Manager reports to the Global Marketing Director. The candidate must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment with high expectations and a customer focus that drives the need for quality deliverables and performance.
The candidate will start working on RINVOQ UC and lead patient experience as well as act as learning liaison, later adding the responsibility for RINVOQ CD on those two topics.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in market and patient immersions and research to better understand local market drivers, payer and competitive dynamics
- Develop innovative and impactful initiatives and tactics that align to the brand strategic imperatives to drive an exceptional patient experience, brand differentiation and/or elevated standards of care
- Co-create with Areas and affiliates innovative HCP marketing and non-personal promotional tactical plans and field-facing resources
- Support affiliate launch readiness through proactive and continuous communication relating to key initiatives and tactics
- Manage external medical conferences, engage with external customers and establish/maintain relationships with key opinion leaders where appropriate
- Manage projects with vendors and other agencies to budget, identifying efficiencies/synergies where possible to maximize resources
- May participate in cross-TA/cross-brand (Rinvoq/Humira/Skyrizi) projects
- Patient experience: collaborate closely with Patient Care & Innovation to drive and implement patient activation (aligned to standards of care strategy), PSP design & materials, based on robust analysis of patient journey and patient needs
- Learning: act as learning liaison and collaborate on materials, organization of weeks of learning and delivery to affiliates.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of pharmaceutical or other equivalent (relevant) experience required (i.e., device, diagnostics, or CPG)
- 2-3 years of marketing (brand or product management) experience
- Strong analytics with excellent overall business acumen
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Global and Affiliate/Country experience
- Sales or Digital Marketing experience
- Immunology experience
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.