Director, Opinion Leader Marketing - Oxbryta
DIRECTOR, OPINION LEADER MARKETING – OXBRYTA
Reporting to the Sr. Director Marketing, the Director, Opinion Leader Program (OLP) Lead role will be a critical contributor to the success of Oxbryta for sickle cell disease.
This position will be responsible for leading the development and execution of the commercial opinion leader engagement plan, advisory board plan, GBT speaker presentation plan at congresses, and peer-to-peer marketing plan contributing to the overall growth of Oxbryta in the U.S. This role requires strong strategic, tactical, operational, organizational, cross-functional collaboration, negotiation, influencing, gather consensus, problem solving, communications, and project management skills. This individual must be results oriented and have a sense of urgency to develop and execute strategy and tactics. This professional must have a disciplined approach in taking risks, embraces innovative approaches, and comfortable in an entrepreneurial and growing commercial organization. This individual must also be creative and adaptable to unique and changing situations, be goal-oriented, set aggressive but achievable targets, and motivate internal cross-functional teams.
This position has the potential to be remote.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and execution of the educational strategic and tactical plan for physician education including KOL/speaker identification, speaker bureau development, management, training and unbranded and branded slide deck development
- Lead and build our peer-to-peer marketing strategy and tactics in order to effectively and meaningfully educate and engage with our customers through in-person and virtual programs
- Have overall responsibility for OLP project management with external vendors including management of operating budget to ensure appropriate investment and execution of brand tactics within cost and timelines while delivering on brand KPIs
- Partner with cross-functional departments to develop and execute the commercial congress strategy and tactical plan for all national and regional congresses
- Lead the creation, execution, evolution and maintenance of the commercial Opinion Leader engagement plan to cultivate and maintain KOL relationships including strategic identification, development and coordination of HCP interactions with sales, medical, community engagement, global marketing, commercial planning and key cross-functional partners
- Create, Maintain and develop resources for KOL engagement activities such as a database or similar platform for all KOLs
- Co-lead with medical affairs the planning for KOL engagements at scientific meetings and congresses
- Liaise and communicate with internal stakeholders, including medical affairs and clinical development to share KOL engagement and ad board insights and significant activities, to ensure coordinated engagement for the customer
- Lead the development and execution of US commercial advisory boards to inform, uncover opportunities and support brand strategy and launch preparation
- Proactively evaluate/assess the relevant market landscape, monitoring changes in market dynamics, competition, clinician needs and practices
- Collaborate with Medical, Legal and Regulatory colleagues to ensure an effective and productive promotional review process
- Partner closely with our Commercial Data & Analytics team to ensure we are using appropriate insights to create our OL management strategy and develop and track key metrics to measure success, analyze data, and recommend changes based on results
- Collaborate with our Omnichannel Marketing Lead to optimize our digital channel promotions across OLP and peer-to-peer marketing efforts
- Drive internal stakeholder alignment for projects and develop strong relationships with cross-functional teams that support the brand
- Create and support an environment of inclusion and excellence
- Operate quickly and decisively in a fast-paced, demanding launch environment
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, life sciences or related fields required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Strong science background preferred with the ability to understand, work with, and provide commercial input to all functions (i.e. medical, commercial planning, global marketing, market research, analytics etc.)
- 9-14+ plus years of related, relevant experience (i.e. marketing, sales, sales training, market research, thought-leader engagement, medical etc.) required
- Minimum 6+ years of experience required in marketing within the pharma or biotech industry
- Proven success working in complex specialty markets a plus
- Experience on new product launches is a plus
- Ability to interact with customers and KOLs to have highly scientific discussions
- 4+ years of experience leading teams (i.e. employees, contractors) and/or people management experience preferred
- Experience with opinion leader engagement, advisory board, congress and peer-to-peer activities preferred
- Must demonstrate ability to lead strategically, drive performance, build alignment, inform, negotiate, and collaborate
- Strong project and process management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple tasks, and to effectively prioritize
- Strong analytical skills both quantitative and qualitative
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proven team player with ability to navigate cross functionally
- Proven ability to influence and solve problems
- Preference to operate quickly and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding launch environment
- Travel required ~25% (All employees must comply with GBT COVID travel policies and requirements if employee chooses to travel for work related events)
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company's facilities. The Company requires all employees working in its facilities (including attending in-person meetings and events) to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for a disability/medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. This position requires you to maintain a fully-vaccinated status against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.