Facilities Mechanic, Primary
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Primary Facilities Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance and repair of assigned BioMarin buildings to ensure a safe and functional working environment for BioMarin Employees, contractors, and tenants. Will be available to assist any person or department requiring service on campus. Will use CMMS to plan and document maintenance and repairs including Equipment PMs, Repair Work Orders, and Service Requests submitted by employees around campus. Will perform and/or coordinate Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annual, and Annual preventative maintenance inspections on vital building equipment and systems to ensure proper function. This position will also manage and coordinate small projects that may be conducted by outside vendors. This may include budgeting, scheduling, and coordination with employee groups impacted by the planned work, and overall management of the project.
- Daily visual checks of all Utility Equipment; record data where necessary
- Check and update CMMS daily; Create work orders when necessary
- Complete Equipment PMs and prepare associated paperwork to submit in CMMS
- Complete Service Requests in CMMS
- Distribute Service Requests or WOs to additional Facilities crew when necessary
- Perform Supervisor Responsibilities in CMMS (including WO Reviews and PM Changes)
- Timely responsiveness to email requests by employees and/or service providers
- Troubleshoot Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, and Life Safety System problems
- Coordinate and escort outside service providers as needed for repairs or maintenance
- Maintain NLight and Lutron Lighting Systems; make changes when necessary
- Petaluma BERT member; work closely with EHS&S
- Primary Emergency responder when necessary
- Key member of Petaluma campus projects; communicate proposed changes with GEFS management
- Respond to other campus locations as needed, including: San Rafael, Wood Hollow, and Brisbane
- 5-8 years experience
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s license
- Strong customer service and communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to perform job functions within a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Experience with BMS systems and Johnson Controls Metasys
- High School diploma required
- AA/AS or BA/BS in mechanical trade school or related discipline preferred
- Working knowledge of desktop computers essential
- Hand tools and Power tools
- Material / Person lift
- Interacts with several departments including: Shipping/receiving, Manufacturing, and Process Development
- Interacts on a daily basis with Materials Management staff and Lab Managers
This position has shared responsibilities with Facilities Supervisor over one direct report.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.