We are currently searching for an Operations Coordinator to provide support for various procurement and administrative tasks to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH). This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the preparation of a variety of items such as travel requests and reimbursement, professional service order, requests for sponsored travel, Form 348, outside activities Form 520, official duty memoranda, training requests, individual/mass mailings, correspondence, reports, and various forms
- Coordinate meetings e.g. data and safety monitoring board under the direction of division staff: schedule meetings; correspond with attendees; prepare and distribute review materials; provide in-meeting logistics for videoconference and/or in-person meetings; coordinate honorariums.
- Prepare purchase orders and track receiving of purchases.
- Update and maintain calendars and shared calendars for multiple staff members.
- Arrange for staff member to represent the organization at conferences and meetings; establish appointment priorities; reschedule or refuse appointments or invitations.
- Coordinate meetings, workshops, and courses for staff; schedule conference rooms
- Draft office staff meeting minutes; track action items.
- Note commitments made by executive level staff during meetings and arrange for staff implementation.
- Provide support with timekeeping tasks.
- Provides guidance to staff on Federal guidelines and procedures.
- Design and coordinate systems for communication among staff to facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects and program activities.
- Maintain division file systems for correspondence and projects.
- In the absence of the executive level, ensure that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff; decide whether executive level should be notified of important or emergency issues
- Develops, maintains, and updates documentation, databases and spreadsheets for personnel, budget, and travel actions.
- Set up and format spreadsheets to analyze information
- Develop, maintain, and utilize various administrative databases
- Prepares inventory and purchase requests and assists with property management.
- Maintain office records including paper/electronic files, office procurements, and reimbursement procedures
- Coordinates with management on special projects.
- Compile data and create and maintain slides for presentation.
- Coordinate and work with other offices to update the Executive Dashboard reports; load to appropriate source SharePoint, intranet, shared drives; ensure that the appropriate staff has access to the reports.
- Prepare briefing documents; gather, organize, and summarize selected information.
- Researchers and proposes new administrative procedures.
- Read outgoing correspondence for executive levels approval and alert writers to any conflict with the file or departure from policies or executive levels viewpoints; make recommendations to resolve problems that arise.
- Summarize the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings; coordinate the new information with background office sources; draw attention to important parts of conflicts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management and Administration.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
- Excellent ability to provide the tasks/services for both in-person and remote/virtual office setting.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent ability to multitask and meet objectives across multiple simultaneous assignments.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.