Scientist I/II, DMD
Avidity Biosciences is pioneering a new class of oligonucleotide-based therapies called AOCs designed to overcome the current limitations of oligonucleotide therapies in order to treat a wide range of serious diseases. We utilize our proprietary AOC platform to design, engineer and develop therapeutics that combine the tissue selectivity of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and the precision of oligonucleotide-based therapies in order to access previously undruggable tissue and cell types and more effectively target underlying genetic drivers of diseases. We are passionate about the impact of every employee in bringing these potentially transformative therapeutics to patients in need. Make a difference with us.Job Summary
Avidity Biosciences is seeking an innovative Scientist that will be a key member of the scientific team that shapes a culture of intellectual rigor and collegiality at Avidity. This scientist will be leading the discovery and development of antibody-oligonucleotide conjugates (AOCs) for treatment of muscle related diseases. We are looking for a Scientist who brings enthusiasm, curiosity, scientific rigor, and a desire to innovate new medicines for patients.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expertise in the lab and leadership for muscle biology, target selection and drug discovery strategies.
- Lead and execute the design, optimization, and selection of antibody-oligonucleotide conjugates .
- Drive projects forward to deliver candidates for clinical development.
- Professionally represent the organization externally in collaborations and conferences
- Develop strong relationships and communicate effectively with the executive staff, other members of the biology group, and academic collaborators.
- Supervising and mentoring Research Associates.
- Ph.D. in life science with 2 - 5 years of post-doctoral experience or biotech/biopharma.
- Experience with in vitro disease models using primary human cells and medium-throughput assay formats to support drug discovery is essential.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in muscle biology and experience with animal models of neuromuscular disease, in particular, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a matrix environment and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to efficiently relay information to project teams, senior management team and with other key stakeholders.
- Experience with large molecule (monoclonal antibody) and/or oligonucleotide based therapeutic modalities in drug discovery and development is desired, but not required.
- Proven ability to work independently, think strategically, and be self-motivated.
Avidity is committed to complying with federal, state and local law on employee vaccinations. Job candidates should be aware that full vaccination against COVID-19 may be required in the future. Avidity is an equal opportunity employer and encourages potential or current employees to request a reasonable accommodation under federal, state and local regulations, should one be needed.