Executive Director, Women’s Health National Sales
Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, and experienced individual for the position of Executive Director, Women’s Health National Sales.
This role will lead a versatile field team from the ground up and drive multiple successful product launches in Women’s Health. This field-based position reports to the Vice President, Women’s Health Sales and Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver sales targets for Myfembree in Uterine Fibroids and lead field sales-related preparations for endometriosis launch (pending FDA approval)
- Lead field sales team of 2 Area Sales Directors, 14 Regional Sales Directors and 110 Women’s Health Account Managers to drive sales performance
- Coordinate closely with PFE sales leadership to achieve performance targets, ensure effective coordination and collaboration across field teams at all levels
- Represent Myovant sales as a key member of the MYOV / PFE Joint Commercial Committee (JCC)
- Partner closely with the brand marketing team to fully align on strategy, selling direction, sales team metrics and prioritization while ensuring a culture of strong collaboration and continuous feedback and engagement
- Drive continued organizational improvement by playing a key strategic role in cross-functional meetings with Market Access, Marketing, Medical Affairs, R&D, Commercial Operations, Human Resources, Legal, Compliance, and outside vendors.
- In close partnership with Commercial Operations, leads the development, implementation, monitoring, and strategic insight generation of key national and subnational level sales data and key KPI metrics, including Pfizer – Myovant related efforts
- Partner with Vice President of Sales and Marketing and Commercial Operations team to develop, implement, and manage incentive compensation plans
- Employ business acumen to plan, forecast, and oversee operating budgets, monitoring both top line and expenses
- Engage with IDNs, key customers, institutions at a strategic level as a representative of Myovant
- Ensure all department personnel are fully informed of, and in compliance with Myovant Sciences commercial compliance policy, all applicable federal and state laws and guidance relating to product promotion and information dissemination including, but not limited to, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Food and Drug Administration’s implementing regulations, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, PhRMA, Corporate Code of Business Conduct and the Office of the Inspector General’s Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Inspires others and their commitment by leading through other people leaders
- Demonstrated savviness in leveraging innovation and technology platforms and building a technology-enabled field team
- Willingness and desire to start with a blank piece of paper in creating strategies and processes to drive results
- Proven to be successful coaching and developing skills in all respects of selling (e.g., technical knowledge, sales techniques, interpreting/analyzing data)
- Creates, shares, and teaches other to share a compelling vision and business trajectory
- Analyzes, understands, and presents scientific/technical details, by bringing to bear a thorough understanding of pharmaceutical marketing and sales regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Develops strategies and business insights based on data by using deep sales analytics
- Leverages high-impact dashboards for field team and drives field utilization of analytics
- Breaks down silos and works cross-functionally by recognizing the upstream and downstream impacts of their decisions
- Leads product and disease state discussions during internal and external-facing meetings. Gains insight from the field and proactively shares knowledge of new product or disease state developments, including new considerations in the pros and cons of a product protocol.
- Effective time management and organization skills under limited direction and on own initiative
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the position will interface with key opinion leaders and employees.
- Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Arts in a relevant scientific discipline, preferably in life sciences or business administration, or equivalent.
- MBA preferred
- 15+ years of validated commercial experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical sales management experience (2nd line management experience) required
- Recent experience leading across a co-promotion arrangement
- Recent experience leading a sales force for launch
- Recent experience working in a start-up company and/or division, reflecting an entrepreneurial culture and innovative mindset
- Preferably candidates will have a record of successful Women’s Health launches
- In-house rotational experience in sales operations, marketing, or market access preferred
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity