Technical Assistant, Lab Services/Sample Bank
Why Patients Need You
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
What You Will Achieve
We are seeking a highly motivated Technician with laboratory experience to join our Boulder Research & Development site and support our multiple Oncology-focused projects.
This Technician will be responsible for weighing small amounts of purified project compounds into small glass vials; this requires excellent organization and attention to detail. This position will also assist other inventory personnel with all functions essential to the efficient, safe, and proactive operation of the Chemical Inventory group (ChemInv). The selected Technician will work with the ChemInv group to support Medicinal Chemists by providing compound management support in the chemical inventory lab.
How You Will Achieve It
- Manage and process all daily compound submission. This includes logging (scanning the barcodes) of compounds submitted every morning, using proprietary software to determine how much material needs to be weighed for each compound, transferring the material in the range specified by the application, and preparing the remaining material for shipment to the off-site compound storage vendor.
- Assist with completion of daily Stockroom tasks. Specifically processing inventory requests, communication with chemists, compound return processing, restocking, bar-coding, and other special projects.
- Assist with preliminary troubleshooting and resolution efforts (e.g. locating lost compounds, mis-barcoded compounds etc.)
- Assist ChemInv staff with processing chemical requests. Requests are submitted by chemists through an online application and processed by ChemInv personnel using a proprietary inventory management application.
- Process new commercial chemicals. This includes open chemical packages, register chemicals into the inventory database, barcode and transfer them to the ordering chemist, and complete the shipment paperwork (entering packing lists into S&R system).
- Assist with receiving other chemical packages, picking up chemical returns from lab, checking in returned compounds, general inventory management tasks as needed to maintain a safe and accurate inventory.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years of laboratory experience
- Excellent organizational and detail-oriented skills
- Associate Degree
- Experience with chemicals
- Experience with database applications
- Experience with inventory software
- The employee will be on their feet, standing, and moving around most of the day.
- The employee will be keyboarding for data entry 2-3 hours per day.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment.
- May be asked to use a respirator.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- The employee will be working in a typical laboratory and may also be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
- Occasional weekend work required for inventory.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Last Date to Apply: October 5th, 2021
The salary for this position ranges from $20.23 to $30.35 per hour. In addition, this position offers eligibility for overtime, weekend, holiday and other pay premiums depending on the work schedule and the Company’s policies. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development