Associate, Cybersecurity Solutions Operations Analyst
The Global Information Security (GIS) organization delivers proactive cyber defense for the global Pfizer enterprise. Our mission is to secure all of Pfizer’s information assets ranging from the manufacturing floor to the core data centers and out to the patient facing solutions. We achieve this mission through a team of world-class talent, utilizing top-tier technologies, advanced analytics and the promotion of a cybersecurity ownership culture across the company.
In this role, we are looking for emerging cybersecurity talent driven to proactively identify and resolve cybersecurity technology problems with agility and speed, make data driven decisions, automate routine tasks, continuously improve and maximize the value and effectiveness of security solution defenses.
For Pfizer, we look for candidates that are motivated, self-learning, and team-oriented individuals. From a technical perspective, an ideal candidate would have the skills shown below, but candidates that possess a strong subset and an attitude towards self-development & growth will be considered.
This role will have the following primary responsibilities, but will often act under the support and direction of the Security Solutions Operations Center Manager:
- Act as a GIS liaison and security champion to Pfizer employees globally through support of security related inquiries, service requests and incident resolution.
- Create and manage knowledge base content for end-users and support service teams.
- Identify, categorize and prioritize individual and critical issues received dependent on their severity and priority.
- Manage tickets across multiple services/environments, within response & resolution SLAs.
- Collaborate with other Digital teams and vendors to ensure correct, efficient operational support methods, processes and procedures are documented, up-to-date and fully adopted.
- Monitor, administer and perform routine tasks and health checks for critical systems, applications, and platforms to ensure operational excellence.
- Perform continuous security policy analysis to ensure effectiveness of security defenses.
- Effectively communicate solution feedback to architecture and engineering teams to support continuous design improvement.
- Analyze data to improve situational awareness and make informed decisions.
- Develop analytics to improve operational visibility, monitoring and reporting.
- Develop automations to eliminate manual repetitive tasks and allow time for more meaningful work.
- Manage small to medium security enhancement and remediation projects.
- Support weekend on-call rotation periodically.
- Demonstrate commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain.
- Demonstrate effective oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills as well as organizational and planning abilities.
- BS in Computer Sciences, Information Security, Information Systems, Engineering, Sciences, or related field.
- No experience necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and initiate technical aptitude to drive resolution.
- Ability to follow operational procedures and job aids.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and execute with minimal direction or oversight.
- Concise, accurate communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain.
- Knowledge of the Windows operating system, system utilities, admin functions.
- Entry level admin experience on Linux/Mac.
- Experience performing raw data analysis using a log repository or SIEM.
- Experience developing python scripts for data collection and automation use cases.
- Experience developing automated workflows using a graphical user interface solution.
This is a desk job with extensive computer use.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Standard work schedule & occasional travel required (less than 5%).
Last day to apply: October 1st, 2021
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Information & Business Tech#LI-PFE