Director of Sales
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coach, train, motivate, and hire members of the sales team to consistently exceed sales goals. Lead by example and collaborate with internal departments to identify training and career development opportunities for the team.
- Develop the strategy and budget for the department. Identify and analyze reports to identify new opportunities with existing customers as well as emerging markets and business opportunities within emerging markets.
- Maximize relationships in the laboratories. Strategically align the team to identify and anticipate the customer’s needs and any opportunities for business growth. Encourage the sales team to stay agile. Modify the sales strategy as needed to meet the changing demands of customers and the industry.
- Leverage marketing trends and industry activity to ensure GSS remains competitive. Inspire the sales team by providing insight and guidance regarding marketing trends and how these trends translate into new products and services.
- Partner with Marketing department to host GSS sponsored trade shows and leverage networking opportunities to generate sales and maximize customer contact.
- Identify sales metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the team. Implement training to enhance execution of KPIs and the skill set of the team to consistently meet sales objectives.
- Encourage collaboration with internal departments via CRM, phone and in-person communication. Solicit feedback from the sales team and internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement in the sales department process.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Experience in Dynamics NAV, Oracle Cloud, and a CRM a plus.
- Limited potential travel to strategic customer locations, events, training or to suppliers.
- Strong industry, laboratory, and science background preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills and attention to detail.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple priorities under time-critical constraints.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate, coach, and develop a team to consistently improve performance.
This is a full-time position.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Government Scientific Source (“GSS”) is a covered federal contractor or subcontractor subject to the requirements of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), as amended, and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. As such, GSS is bound by the terms of VEVRAA and Section 503, and shall not discriminate against individuals with disabilities, and is committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
It is the policy of Government Scientific Source (“GSS”) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
GSS offers excellent benefits, including health insurance, FSA/DCA, 100% company-paid life and disability insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedule, onsite fitness room, and more!