Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Sr. Project Specialist leads complex projects involving cross-functional teams with responsibility on the successful completion of new or existing projects. This will include independently developing plans and direction of schedules, and monitoring budgets and spending. In addition, this role will independently plan and monitor the project/program from initiation through completion. The role plans, organizes, and leads interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/program on schedule and within budget constraints.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsible for the management of project(s):
• Manages single or multiple projects with high degree of complexity, with minimal direction.
• Develop project plan documents including Technical Baseline, Risk Management Plan and Gantt charts to meet long-term project goals. Identify, report, and document changes to the project.
• Build and lead cross-functional project teams to implement the project plan to achieve project deliverables, timelines, and budgets.
• Manage the contractual, technical and financial requirements of each project and determines method and procedures for implementation.
• Monitor and manage day-to-day aspects of project and scope, including regular meetings, minutes and reporting with little to no supervision.
• Review and evaluation of deliverables prepared by the project team, lead communication and delivery to the sponsor/client and is responsible for the deliverables including the resolution of complex problems.
• Work independently to lead the cross-functional teams to identify project issues and the development of risk mitigation strategies and implementation plans; recognize problems, evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions.
Independently manages the financial aspect of the project:
• Manage and monitor project budgets and/or revenues, including reforecasting.
• Review the appropriate financial reports to identify and report any variances.
• Monitor the scope of the projects and identify and report on potential changes that may have an impact to quality, time or cost.
Responsible for regular effective project reporting to Senior Managers and internal and external sponsors/clients:
• Develop and deliver engaging, informative and well-organized presentations.
• Provide regular updates and recommendations on the project status, including milestones achieved, mitigation plans for identified delays or risks, and changes in project scope and project financials.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in biological science or business-related field
• An advanced degree in science and / or business is preferred
• A minimum of 5 years Project Management and 1-3 years of relevant experience in Pharmaceuticals or Biotechnology industry is preferred.
• Must be results oriented, flexible, demonstrate a significant level of initiative, and have the ability to comprehend detailed and complex technical, financial, and contractual issues
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills including negotiating, influencing, and active listening
• Fluent with regularly used software applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio)
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.