Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is seeking a Research Scientist to support our work (when it is safe) at the National Institutes of Health, (NIH) in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support ongoing research projects by designing and implementing cutting-edge solutions, leveraging technical competency, innovation, and evaluations.
- Implement, test and deliver optimized software for Big Data processing.
- Design, implement and evaluate relevant machine learning solutions in natural language understanding, summarization and natural language generation.
- Analyze Deep Learning models to design and implement unsupervised feature extraction methods for text and image retrieval.
- Contribute to writing and editing research papers.
- Write backend and middleware code to present the implemented solutions as a service.
- Collaborate with designers, developers and system administrators to make the implemented services production-grade and contribute to service administration.
- Provide counsel and technical recommendations on High Performance Computing for Deep Learning and Big Data solutions, including Slurm clusters.
- Software development for projects involving multimodal information retrieval systems, natural language processing and image processing.
- Designing and implementing retrieval systems with emphasis in Large-scale corpus processing using distributed architecture.
- MS degree in Computer Science.
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with Natural Language Processing or other Artificial Intelligence (AI) area.
- Experience/knowledge of Neural Networks (Recurrent, Convolutional, Attentional, VAE, Transformers).
- Proficency with Python.
- Slurm job scheduling and cluster configuration
- NLP pipeline: Stanford Parser, NLTK, Spacy.
- Knowledge of SQL, RDF(S), OWL, SPARQL.
- Designing and implementing retrieval systems with emphasis on Large-scale corpus processing using distributed architecture.
- Strong publication record in Natural Language Processing NLP or other related Artificial Intelligence (AI) areas.
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.Company Description
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.