Senior Manager Clinical Study Planning
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Senior Manager Clinical Study PlanningLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will drive cross functional planning and effective execution of studies through the development of achievable study timelines and objective communication of project status to maximize global therapeutic valueResponsible for:
- Oversee development maintenance of realistic study information for entire study life cycle, in Amgen systems (e.g. PPM), while ensuring adherence to strategic objectives
- Manage and coordinate the tracking, documenting & ensuring cross-functional involvement and timely delivery of clinical study deliverables
- Summarize information on clinical trial status, changes, and issues to stakeholders
- Increasing trial operations efficiency through sharing of cross-program knowledge & identification of best practices leading to standardization across the organization
- Contributing to development of high-performing functional teams
- Driving consistency of planning activities within and across portfolio of work
- Identifying & driving operational efficiency and improvement activities
- Advise key stakeholders of planning variances, trending and bottlenecks
- Lead, represent or participate in special projects or forums, as assigned
- Recruit, lead, coach and manage line management activities for Clinical Study Planning staff
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Clinical professional we seek is a strategic leader with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree & 2 years of directly related experience or
- Masters degree & 6 years of directly related experience or
- Bachelors degree & 8 years of directly related experience or
- Associates degree & 10 years of directly related experience or
- High school diploma / GED & 12 years of directly related experience and
- 2 years of direct managerial and/or leadership experience
- BA/BS/BSc in the sciences or RN
- 9 years work experience in life sciences or medically related field, including 6 years of biopharmaceutical clinical product development (clinical research or clinical operations experience obtained at a biotech, pharmaceutical or CRO company)
- PMP Certification
- Advanced proficiency in project management and applies that knowledge to guide functions, departments and teams
- Able to lead cross-functional teams in the successful completion of major, complex programs
- Ability to influence and motivate others outside of direct line of authority
- Strong ability to interface effectively with all levels
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.