Unified Communications Engineer
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
• Analyze, design, and implement unified communications solutions to meet the technical and business requirements.
• Act as the subject matter expert for Unified Communications to support business requirements.
• Design, deploy, and operate state-of-the-art collaboration environments, including best practice voice collaboration in the UCM space.
• Implement automation to measure the UC infrastructure’s reliability, performance and success.
• Pilot emerging technologies to maintain and increase the business’s competitive advantage.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with technologies listed.
• 5+ years varied experience in Unified communications/ Voice roles to include extensive experience in architecture, engineering and operations, particularly concentrating on Cisco and Microsoft core technologies.
• Extensive hands-on experience with Microsoft Skype for Business/ Teams, Cisco voice infrastructure, Audiocodes and ACME etc.
• Extensive hands-on experience with voice infrastructure including Avaya PBX, Cisco call manager, Telepresence, Jabber, PEXIP MCU, and Lync.
• Thorough understanding of network protocols and packet analysis for both troubleshooting
• Understanding of companion infrastructure domains: O365, storage, server technologies (hardware, network interface cards, operating system optimization), databases, virtualization.
• Experience with the engineering and operation of enterprise class installations.
• Extraordinary problem solving abilities.
• A passion for technology, especially networking. Always questioning and working to improve.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.