Manager, Price Forecasting - Humira
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Primary Job Function:
Position is the primary contact for brand and finance teams for HUMIRA Gross-to-Net sales planning and reporting. Estimate rebates/discounts for HUMIRA. Provide ad hoc financial analysis as needed. Prepare all required schedules for Plan/LBE/LRP.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead all aspects for planning and reporting for HUMIRA rebates/discounts for Plan, LBE and LRP.
- Update all monthly and Plan/LRP schedules.
- Assist with routine LBE submissions.
- Take the lead in forecasting all product rebate/discount rate and utilization for all payer channels.
- Understand and discuss all price related variances on a monthly and plan cycle basis.
- Attend routine planning meetings and Plan/LBE/LRP meetings with the brand team. Primary contact for brand team for any pricing related questions.
- Work with forecasting and commercial finance to present a consolidated net sales message.
- Additional ad-hoc project work and analysis.
There are no direct reports for this position. Rather, this position manages a complex and critical process. There is a significant individual contributor aspect to this position and requires a high level of communication with other teams and functional groups.
The incumbent is responsible for providing financial leadership to the brand team in development of the Plans, LRPs and LBEs. This position reports to the Director, Immunology Price Forecasting. The incumbent is expected to operate independently to accomplish the goals and responsibilities of the position; however constant alignment with the Director is critical due to the nature of the role. In addition, the Manager has a high degree of freedom to independently set priorities so that both planned and unplanned departmental objectives are achieved. This position supports and communicates with all levels of operating and financial management on an on-going basis.
7+ years of progressive Accounting/Finance.
The candidate must also possess the following skill sets:
• The ability to interact with and support senior level management and to partner effectively and independently in a matrix organization.
• Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, planning and decision making skills.
• Extensive interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills including a high energy level.
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint technical and content strategy skills. TM1 knowledge is a plus.
• The ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and shifting priorities under tight timeframes.
• A highly motivated self-starter who can translate broad directions into high quality analytical output.
• Open to new ideas, creative and utilizes value-added principles in approach.
Prefer experience in pricing, forecasting, or FP&A
BA/BS in Finance or Accounting. MBA/CPA preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.