Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) Buyer Specialist
The Maintenance, Repair and Operationsm(MRO) Buyer Specialist under the supervision of the Facilities Support Supervisor is responsible for the buying, deliver and replenish spare parts, using the program Computerized Calibration & Maintenance Management System (CCMS/CMMS) in support of multiple manufacturing facilities such as the National Center for Therapeutic Manufacturing (NCTM), the Texas Biological Facility (TBF) and the Flexible Biological Facility (FBF) on behalf of Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnology Texas (FDBT). Primary responsibilities include managing the daily spare parts operations such as screening of incoming work orders, identification of parts requires, procurement of parts, equipment and specialized tools. Scheduling of parts inventory control and monitoring of maintenance tasks performance. This position will interact with other maintenance and technical trades, such as manufacturing operators, engineers, calibrations technicians, validation, quality and external suppliers in order to provide a high level of excellence over the maintenance operational activities of FDBT.
- Responsible of taking a leadership role in the day to day activities of the Spare Parts Area.
- Responsible for quote, buy and deliver spare parts for the site.
- Responsible for MRP reports as require.
- Responsible for the oversight of BlueMountain Regulatory Asset Manager (CCMS/CMMS) across multiple facilities.
- Responsible to conduct field walk downs to identify and document job requirements.
- Procurement of equipment and specialized tools required to perform the work.
- Responsible to evaluate the need for replacement parts required to perform the work.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history
- Responsible to work in conjunction with maintenance planners the schedule of spare parts for the execution of maintenance activities.
- Responsible for resolve delivery/receiving discrepancies.
- Monitor Spare Parts Shipments to assure all the parts are on site when need it.
- Seek to optimize our internal and external processes for Spare Parts.
- Help to establish the minimum and maximum stock level for spare parts.
- Attend regular meetings with the customers to become integral to the plant MRO process.
- Provide technical support to the plant either personally or by the use of qualified manufacturer's representatives.
- Monitor departmental KPIs in order ensure a high level of efficiency.
- Be able to handle multiple priorities quickly and efficiently, and delegate tasks to appropriate trades and skill levels.
- Demonstrate continuous personal pursuit to increasing job knowledge, proficiency in technical understanding, and problem solving abilities.
- Maintain a positive, professional, and customer oriented attitude.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of a wide variety of typical maintenance tasks, including PM, spare parts, work order lifecycle and troubleshooting systemic problems. General principles of engineering, operations and the tools and equipment required to perform many of the daily maintenance tasks.
- Strong knowledge of Computerized Calibration & Maintenance Management Systems (CCMS/CMMS), preferably BlueMountain RAM.
- Strong leadership skills, written and verbal communications skills, be self-motivated and possess interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work effectively with little supervision when needed.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and experience applying these skills to resolve technical problems.
- Ability to work effectively under extreme pressure to meet deadlines.
- Well organized and detail oriented with ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, state of the art, alternately research and customized manufacturing facility.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of cGMP and cGDP requirements and procedures.
- This role will require a high level of personal organizational skills, experience and drive.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate portable tools, as well as a computer keyboard, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Have a normal range of vision.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Climb ladders and stairs of various heights.
- Be exposed to wet or humid conditions.
- This position may include On-Call response for Facility issues.
- Be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Be exposed to noisy environments.
- Attendance is mandatory
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of overall experience on which at least 2 year must be in a cGMP or other FDA regulated operation; OR
- Associate's degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of overall experience on which at least 3 year must be in a cGMP or other FDA regulated operation; OR
- High School Diploma with some additional technical education or training in a college or university with a minimum of 7 years of overall experience on which at least 4 years must be in a cGMP or other FDA regulated operation.
- Experience working in a biotechnology facility is preferred.
- Experience in Start-Up & Commissioning of cGMP Facility.