Facilities Technician/Lab Manager/Facility Engineer
We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated, collaborative Lab Manager to join our research group dedicated to the discovery and development of novel oncology therapeutics. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in one or more areas of responsibility listed below, the willingness and drive to learn new technical skills, solid critical thinking and troubleshooting skills and the desire to witness and drive the growth of an early-stage company. Title, compensation and scope of duties will be tailored to the successful candidate’s experience.
- Inventory, ordering and stocking of regularly used consumables.
- Organizing shipments and picking up deliveries.
- Autoclaving, dishwashing, and upkeeping a clean lab environment.
- Laboratory equipment acquisition, installation and maintenance.
- Managing of all vendor accounts and the company orders email.
- Handling lab safety certification along with any trainings and inspections.
- Monitoring CO2 and LN2 levels and placing orders with Praxair in a timely manner.
- Waste management (corresponding with ACT for scheduling pickups).
- 5-7 years of experience with lab management and set up.
- Experience with creating and maintaining a detailed inventory. Experience with electronic lab notebook inventory systems is a plus.
- Excellent documentation, organizational skills and teamwork/communication skills are required.
- Scientific knowledge/background is a plus and could lead to the potential for a part time Research Associate role.
- Cell line maintenance, expansion, and freezing is a plus.