Commercial Operations Manager
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have a far-reaching impact across biological sciences.
Our client is seeking a Commercial Operations Manager to join a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. You will help the Sales and Support organization with our CRM and reporting and development of new analytical tools. This person will be an integral part of the commercial team helping to create new tools to increase the visibility and alignment across several functions. Someone who is collaborative, transparent and seeks to create new and improve on existing processes.
- Work with Commercial leaders on critical strategic, organizational, and operational projects designed to increase revenue, sales productivity, and operational efficiency
- Provide thought leadership, perform business analysis, and support execution of high-impact strategic projects and mission-critical initiatives
- Hire, train and manage Customer service representatives for order entry, and customer communication.
- Review, improve and develop reports to be used by the commercial teams in support of daily operations, monthly/quarterly metrics and business initiatives
- Facilitate implementation, development and maintenance of Netsuite CRM functionality in a cross-functional team environment, working closely with contractors and internal teams
- Develop a Forecasting tool and collaborate with Finance and Sales on monthly forecasting cycles
- Own quarterly revenue projection process, including model updates and meeting facilitation with key Sales and Operations leadership
- Lead and or participate on cross-functional teams to develop improved processes and communication in support of business initiatives
- Identify and implement process improvements with the goal of streamlining Order Entry to Order Fulfillment portion of commercial business process
- Understands and communicates strategic and tactical directions to ensure consistent and cohesive business objectives interdepartmentally
- Create and update work instructions and process maps
- Effectively communicate with manufacturing, logistics, sales, finance, and product marketing groups to support process implementation and improvements
- Plan and monitor operational initiatives to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of customer care
- Performs other duties as required
- A relevant Bachelors Degree, or a Masters Degree in technical or business related discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in an operations role
- Previous experience working in or with Sales, Finance, customer service, order management, field support, or similar groups in an analyst position
- Previous Life Science or Clinical Industry experience a plus
- Experience working with ERP and CRM systems. Netsuite knowledge preferred
- Previous experience developing or running reports using BI tools
- Experience using Microsoft suite including: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to effectively communicate complex topics concisely
- Very strong Microsoft Excel experience
- Ability to collaborate and communicate across all levels of the organization and effectively balance commercial and operational needs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, embrace change, and innovate in a fast past environment
- Ability to handle stressful situations and demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and present information to commercial leadership
- Ability to effectively lead, plan and execute on plans for process improvement
Nice to have & background:
- Management Experience a plus
- Experience with Field Service and Case Management activities facilitating metrics development
- Familiar with ISO13485 quality management system and supporting report development to satisfy tracking and trending of product quality.