Executive Director, Sales
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
- Manage all aspects of US Sales performance within a complex, diverse, and competitive marketplace and across all channels.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a strategic plans for the following: Selling model and organizational design to ensure it’s aligned to the long-term differentiation strategy; Channel strategy to maximize the value of our differentiated portfolio and diversify the customer base
- Sales Force Effectiveness Team to optimize the Sales Team performance through Sales Operations, Sales Training, and other Sales Enablement support.
- Responsible for promoting a portfolio of three seasonal influenza brands
- Build, lead, support and develop a team of various specialized sales forces plus Sales Training and Operations
Lead the US Sales teams to achieve sales volume, revenue and/or profitability targets.
- Leads Sales team in meeting ongoing sales targets for US business (~$1.1B/year with strong growth expectations)
- Develops strategic plan within primary selling channels and execution plan within team to meet the strategic direction
- Lead contract negotiation strategy to achieve Seqirus strategic and financial targets in the US Flu market
- Leads team to develop business cases & proposals for specific customer contract offers that are in line with financial targets
- Leads team to optimize market access and reimbursement
- Aligns key internal functions to help Seqirus achieve growth objectives (I.e. Marketing, Pricing, Contracting, Policy, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Medical Affairs)
- Monitors market dynamics and competitor actions and regularly adjusts team strategy to maximize Seqirus outcomes
- Leads Sales Force Effectiveness team to optimize the performance of Sales Team
- Leads the analysis and senior management reporting on the state of the business
Leads Sales team through execution of successful flu season
- Leads Sales team through all operational and customer communication components required to execute successful distribution seasons
- Makes key decisions through distribution campaign that best allow Seqirus to meet near term financial objectives while maintaining long term strategic customer relationships.
- Liaises with Contracts, Customer Operations, Legal, HR, and, Marketing, Policy, Finance to ensure successful outcomes
- Leads the team strategy for securing appropriate reimbursement at key private and government payers
- Develops and monitors sales targets in collaboration with corporate and senior executives
Influences Internal Stakeholders to develop the short and long-term focus for US Seqirus business
- Aligns leadership on short and long term forecast that allows Seqirus to meet its financial goals
- Performs and provides timely and accurate sales forecasts to senior management within Comm Ops and Finance.
- Leads development of key sales metrics and progress toward achieving revenue, margin, and price targets
- Communicates with Seqirus leadership on progress toward annual targets and provides clear analysis and recommendations to optimize business performance
- Develops and oversees the implementation of a strategic plans for the:
- Selling model and organizational design to ensure it’s aligned to the long-term differentiation strategy
- Channel strategy to maximize the value of our differentiated portfolio and diversify the customer base (including but not limited to: Retail, Wholesale/Distributor, Integrated Delivery Networks, Government, Physician Offices, Long Term Care, GPOs, Payer/Reimbursement.)
Develops Sales Team and Individuals to best meet company and personnel goals
- Leads Sales team individuals in their journey at Seqirus
- Motivates team to perform their best and achieve their personal career goals
- Liaises with Human Resources to best achieve Seqirus objectives
- Adheres to Seqirus budget needs while building incentive plans which motivate Sales team
- Continuously evaluates sales staffing requirements; develops proposals and aligns organization on any necessary changes.
- Oversee the development of training plans for the various specialized sales teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Health Policy, Life Sciences or equivalent years’ experience.
- 12-15+ years' experience in healthcare/ pharmaceuticals with special focus on Sales and Marketing
- 10+ years' experience leading and managing teams
- Extensive experience in product marketing and/or sales of pharmaceutical/biotherapeutic products
- Significant experience in strategic and tactical/brand marketing and sales management in various organizations.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical market and regulations
- Deals with complex problems in a dynamic and competitive marketplace. Requires an expert knowledge of the marketplace coupled with strong analytical skills.