SolarWinds Technical Specialist
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Provides in-depth technical expertise & direction in the implementation and support of SolarWinds infrastructure in the area of application/systems monitoring, dashboard requirements and processes (e.g. new, enhancements or maintenance), in the preparation of application system specifications, and in the development, testing, and implementation of efficient, cost effective application solutions.
• Subject Matter Expert on SolarWinds NPM, SAM, and NCM, and growing and maintaining the SolarWinds application infrastructure Work with the Network/Systems/Applications teams and SolarWinds.
• Collaborates with Infrastructure and Application Owners to implement custom application monitors
• Develop, support and manage complex Alerts, Reports, and Views Ability to understand and customize SQL queries and stored procedures.
•Evaluate monitoring tools; recommend new software, utilities, and tools.
•Aid in setting the strategy for implementing new technologies.
- 5-8 years of combined experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer engineering (in addition to equivalent experience listed above, if applicable).
- 3-5 years of managing infrastructure monitoring tools, troubleshooting and understand system faults and application performance issues. Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years’ experience; Master’s Degree with 5 years’ experience; PhD with 0 years’ experience.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.