Scientist, Lead Discovery
The Position:Bolt’s Target Validation / Translational Sciences team seeks an innovative scientist for the discovery of Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs) for cancer. You will have broad responsibility for lead candidate selection, through antibody characterization and ISAC evaluation in primary immune cell assays. As a member of a fast-paced, collaborative project team, you will play a key strategic role in building Bolt’s industry-leading ISAC pipeline.
About You:You have a Ph.D. in immunology, cancer biology, or a related discipline. You have worked as a research scientist in drug discovery settings for 2 to 5 years, preferably in team settings in oncology drug development. You are driven to leverage your interests and training to bring novel molecules to patients in need. You aim to grow into a strategic leadership role.
Among your technical / scientific skills are:
• Design and execution of cellular assays to profile immune function (including ADCP and myeloid-tumor co-culture models) using flow cytometry and ELISA-based techniques
• Design and analysis of PK/PD/efficacy studies in rodent tumor models
• Isolation, characterization, and culture of primary immune cells
• Analyzing novel antibodies for lead selection using flow cytometry and protein binding assays
• Hands-on experience with mouse tumor models is a plus
Additionally, you bring to our rapidly growing organization:
• Experience as a key member of multi-functional teams, in which you delivered critical-path data within tight project timelines
• Keen focus on program priorities and a resistance to distraction
• Ability to plan, execute, and interpret a series of studies with minimal supervision
• Aptitude for presentations at different levels, from project teams to senior leadership
Who We Are:
Bolt Biotherapeutics, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics that have eliminated tumors following systemic administration in preclinical studies while also developing immunological memory, which may lead to more durable clinical responses for patients. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with like-minded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.