We are currently searching for a Budget Analyst to support the Center for Information Technology in performing budget execution and formulation activities. The position will be responsible for a full range of IT program budget-related duties pertaining to the managing of revolving funds, Fee for Service and Capital Funding. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop fiscal spreadsheets for tracking budgets and provides summaries for evaluation of spending patterns, comparative projections, and spending plans by:
- Maintaining budget spreadsheets; tracking project expenditures and budget amendments.
- Assembling and analyzing accurate financial data for presentation to senior management to make critical decisions.
- Working with staff on the preparation of cost estimates for projects and activities.
- Performs routine budget execution functions for assigned budget area and monitors, reviews and reconciles information relating to commitments, obligations, expenditures, and reimbursable orders.
- Work with staff on the planning, developing, formulating, preparing, executing and/or monitoring for budgets of the Institute.
- Monitor, review, and reconcile information relating to commitments, obligations, expenditures, and reimbursable orders.
- Work with staff on budget preparation and administration.
- Provide assistance with budgetary and financial management services.
- Conduct review of obligating documents in accounting systems.
- Prepare, analyze, and track budget and financial reports using charts, graphs and tables, generated in Excel and PowerPoint, for use by internal and external NIH requestors.
- Performs analysis of financial and accounting records to determine financial resources and budget allocations.
- Assist with all phases of the budget process to include formulation, monitoring, presentation, and execution.
- Propose enhancements and improvements in budget processes and procedures by evaluating and assessing current methods.
- Reviews expenditures and monitors budget status and develops detailed budget reports.
- Perform a broad range of data analytics for Budget Program Analyst so that the Institute can make data informed decisions on resources; identify trends, gaps, and potential cost savings.
- Maintains and updates databases, monitors and verifies accuracy of data, and identifies errors and performs corrections.
- Monitor and verify accuracy of data; identify errors and perform corrections.
- Update budget system with allocations and expenditures; identify and correct errors.
- Reconcile all budget formulation files, spreadsheets, and internal reports.
- Gather financial information and develop spreadsheets to monitor and analyze expenditures and organizational spending plans to support coordination of budgetary activities.
- Provides internal audits and annual site reviews of contracts.
- Provide recommendations for corrective action as necessary based on conducting internal audits.
- Provides detailed, comparative projections of financial data and spending plans.
- Monitor and analyze funding plans and organization spending projections; prepare justifications as needed.
# SOAR #LI-AA1Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management and Administration, or General Business.
- At least five (5) years of recent budgeting experience with the Federal Government.
- Annual budget preparation and reconciliation, funds tracking and auditing
- Account reconciliation
- Strategic financial planning
- Intermediate Excel Skills
- Proficient in MS Office
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.