Manager Business Development
A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be the worlds largest independent biotechnology company, has reached millions of patients around the world, and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential. Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing, and delivering innovative human therapeutics.
The Business Development manager will be responsible for driving Drug Product Technologies Stop, Simplify, Automate initiatives. These projects are aimed at simplifying the day-to-day workflows of our top scientists and executives, with a successful incumbent effecting the organization from top to bottom. The role will be responsible for driving direct process change, requiring close collaboration with multiple effected parties.
In addition, the role will be a part of the business strategy and development team and will be expected to support a variety of high impact core business deliverables including but not limited to; leading operational excellence (six-sigma) workstreams, budget and portfolio management, and contribution to business strategy both in ideation, and delivery.
- Doctorate degree, OR
- Masters degree and 2 years of Business Development OR Operations experience, OR
- Bachelors degree and 4 years of Business Development OR Operations experience, OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of Business Development OR Operations experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as documentation practices
- Six Sigma black belt certified. Scrum Master certified is a plus.
- Expert user of Alteryx and Tableau as data preparation and visualization software. Ability to code in R is a plus.
- Background in pharmaceutical or biomedical manufacture and development OR an advanced degree in engineering. Previous experience in budget or portfolio management is a plus.
- Proven project management experience, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability in providing leadership to cross-functional teams to advance complex projects to completion.
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.