Sr. Manager, Procurement & Supplier Management
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Senior Manager will actively support the development and implementation of sourcing strategies associated with our Aesthetics business including, but not limited to, Advertising, PR, Media, Digital, Consulting, Professional Services, etc. The role will work closely with cross-functional teams across the Commercial organization delivering value and cost-optimization opportunities, capturing cost-savings/reductions, and improving financial and operational performance.
- Sourcing, bidding, negotiating, contracting, and procurement of goods and services in alignment with agreed category strategies. Execute the competitive bidding process in accordance with the Organization’s Procurement Policy
- Understand the Organization’s approved buying channels and contracting policy for goods and services and help guide requestors to the appropriate buying channel
- Develop and maintain a supply base that ensures the best value for quality, delivery, pricing, service, etc. Includes over-sight of all new vendor requests, in alignment with preferred supplier networks and relevant category strategy
- Support and implement preferred supplier network for certain spend categories and help drive spend to these suppliers
- Proactive management of local suppliers, including anticipation, resolution and communication. Analyze supplier performance using rating system using established rating systems (e.g., supplier metrics program, suppliers’ goals, etc.).
- Demonstrate knowledge of external guidelines (e.g., FDA, Customs, TSCA, USDA, PhRMA, etc) to ensure compliance • Identify, develop and implement standardized buying practices to ensure adequacy of supply chain. Educate requisitioners on the same.
- Effectively develop and negotiate confidentiality agreements and any other agreement in alignment with agreed category strategies
- Meet regularly with internal customers and support functions to ensure customer satisfaction and continuous improvement, including monthly / regular reporting and updates
- Support AbbVie category strategies and obtain client approval of category strategies. Communicate with the relevant Category Manager to help identify major opportunities
- May manage a team of procurement professionals.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Supply Chain discipline or 4 years of equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in a strategic sourcing procurement role, preferably in Pharmaceutical industry
- Analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management
- Extensive contract negotiations experience
- Experience with high touch, confidential stakeholder relationships
- Self-motivated with great follow-up skills and ability to work independently
- CPM certification desired (or equivalent)
- Experience with SAP (SRM, ECC), e-Sourcing and contract management tools Individual must be self-motivated with great follow-up skills and be able to work independently
- People management experience
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.