Program Controller (FP&A)
HUYABIO is a biopharmaceutical company focused on globalizing products from China and Asia for the world markets in multiple therapeutic areas. The Company’s lead compound in oncology, HBI‐8000, which is already approved for lymphoma in China, is in late-stage clinical development in Japan and Korea. In the United States, the compound is being developed in immune oncology (IO) in multiple tumor types and disease settings. HUYA has a pipeline of IO compounds as well as two other compounds for cardiovascular diseases. More information can be found at www.huyabio.com
HUYA is seeking a self-motivated individual to take a position in a fast-paced environment as a Program Controller. The Program Controller will be responsible for generating meaningful reporting and analytics and being able to effectively communicate those findings across all levels of the organization to drive strong financial decision making. Key areas will include maintaining and deeply understanding the clinical trial cost actual and forecast, preparing periodic reporting, executing recurring planning processes, interacting with various functional business partners, and having proficiency in corporate financial systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain expense tracking models to capture clinical trial enrolment and related expenses.
- Maintain effective relationships with the Clinical team to ensure timeliness and accuracy of clinical trials accounts.
- Prepare journal entries to record clinical trial activity and accruals.
- Own the clinical trial cost forecasts for all ongoing and planned studies working closely with clinical operations team, utilizing a deep understanding of activity-based cost drivers
- Develop, maintain, and deliver standard expense and headcount reporting and variance analysis to functional business partners and Finance leadership team, driving continuous improvement in forecasting and reporting deliverables
- Manage the coordination and consolidation of expense forecasts for all recurring planning processes (rolling forecasts, annual operating plans, long range plan, etc.)
- Act as integrated business partner with the rest of the organizations, providing thought leadership and analysis for ongoing business initiatives (go/no go decisions, scenario analysis, payback periods, project postmortems, regulatory reporting, etc.)
- Collaborate with Accounting to ensure GAAP compliance and adherence to Company policies and procedures as well as reasonableness of accruals
- Understand corporate financial systems in order to effectively perform planning and analysis
- Responsible for financial modelling
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a financial planning and analysis role, business partnering or other finance area, in similar biotech/biopharma/pharma environments.
- Experience working closely with clinical organizations
- High level of intellectual curiosity, with ability to work independently and solve complex problems
- Excellent financial analysis skills and ability to translate analyses into sound strategic recommendations
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, project-driven, real-time team environment, prioritize projects and deliver quality results within tight time constraints
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation skills, and MS Office proficiency
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge of financial reporting, forecasting, modeling and planning applications a plus
- Experience with Workday Adaptive Planning and Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP) a plus
The position is full‐time, and the candidate must be within commuting distance to HUYABIO’s Del Mar, California office.