Assistant, Administrative Services
Akron Biotech is continuing to transform and further its rapidly growing capabilities and is now seeking highly motivated professionals to join our expanding team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role within our organization that is driving advanced therapy development and commercialization with high quality industrial scale solutions. We manufacture and distribute components and raw materials for cell therapy discovery, development, and commercialization to meet industry needs worldwide. We offer an array of highly competitive benefits and perks to our valued associates.
- Provides support to the general HR and administrative operations of a new, state of the art corporate biotechnology office.
- Greet and direct visitors, assist with appropriate paperwork, and resolve routine issues related to Human Resource office functions.
- Accept, screen and route telephone calls concerning activities and operations of the office, directing inquiries as appropriate and/or providing information.
- Provide Human Resource office assistance, support, and HR information to employees at all levels.
- Assist with the management and maintenance of onboarding programs, documents, spreadsheets, and reports.
- Creates HR files and files necessary HR paperwork in a timely, orderly manner.
- Assists with employee relations issues.
- Monitors and replenishes departmental related supplies and other materials.
- Manages several aspects of the employee onboarding process.
- Contributes to HR projects centered around employee engagement; helps develop a company newsletter.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS in HR, business, communications, or a related field highly preferred.
- Requires 2-3 years of experience in Human Resources and/ or other related administrative roles.
- Experience in a formal corporate setting is highly desired.
- Must have excellent writing skills with an attention to detail.
- Must be high energy, ambitious and customer service oriented.
- Must be able to work effectively with others.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience working with HR software applications and applicant tracking systems highly preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.