Are you a problem-solver? A collaborator? Ready to tackle the world of infectious diseases? InBios is looking for people who value a sense of community, cooperation and camaraderie with a shared vision of delivering impactful solutions to those affected by infectious diseases. At InBios, your ideas are valued, your voice is heard, your accomplishments are celebrated.
InBios International Inc. specializes in the design, development and manufacture of diagnostic assays for emerging infectious diseases and biothreats. Founded in 1996 in Seattle, WA, InBios is dedicated to delivering superior quality products that are accurate, easy to use and cost effective. We have a portfolio of more than 25 diagnostic products, as well as an extensive catalog of life science reagents. For more information, visit www.inbios.com.
Our primary location is in the dynamic neighborhood of South Lake Union in a state-of-the-art biotech facility, and our secondary location is in the SODO neighborhood with newly remodeled lab and office space. InBios offers competitive wages and a rich benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), and performance-based rewards. InBios is committed to work/life balance and provides paid vacation and sick time, including a weeklong, paid shutdown in December.
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative scientist to join the protein purification department. This is a full-time, scientist position in an FDA regulated environment. The successful candidate will have advanced knowledge and experience in purifying a diverse range of proteins from different sources using applicable methodologies/techniques and equipment. The successful candidate will be team-oriented and keen to contribute across all projects/initiatives related to the group. This will include time in the lab (buffer preparation, purifications, running assays, maintaining inventories, planning and supervising/mentoring staff) and time preparing reports, reviewing data, communicating with other departments, and participating in meetings. The successful candidate will maintain a proactive and positive mindset and will recognize the importance of both individual and group efforts within the department.
Experience and knowledge needed to be successful in this position
- Advanced knowledge and experience with methods, techniques and equipment related to protein purification.
- Ability to apply learned knowledge to new projects and the improvement of current protocols/practices.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strengths in data analysis and critical thinking.
- Strong familiarity with lab practices and operations.
- An ability and desire to mentor/supervise junior staff.
- Good inherent judgement for prioritizing and reprioritizing tasks on a regular basis.
- Ability to follow GMP, regulations and to help maintain good practices within the department.
- Effective and clear communication skills: oral, listening, reading, and writing.
- Familiarity working in a BSL2 environment with chemical and biological materials.
- BS degree in biochemistry or related field required. PhD or Master’s degree in a relevant field of study recommended, but not required.
- 5 or more years relevant lab experience.
- Experience with ELISAs and lyophilization are a plus, but not required.
What are your job responsibilities?
- Assist in the development of purification processes for new protein targets and, where applicable, improve upon current practices and protocols.
- Participate in routine/established protocols and support the maintenance of GMP throughout.
- Contribute to the overall success and productivity of the group both at the bench and by mentoring/supervising junior staff, reviewing their work/laboratory practices, and providing feedback/ suggestions. Support continued and improved best practices for the team.
- Draft reports, documents and contribute in meetings (intra/inter departmental).
- Work closely with the head of the department to set and maintain goals and clear expectations to ensure your own success and the overall success of the group.
- This position will involve activities in research and development and manufacturing in a regulated environment.
Work environment information
Position responsibilities include work in a Biosafety Level 2 lab (BSL-2.)
Wage commensurate with industry standard and experience. Benefits include medical, dental, and 401(k).