Software Engineer (Instrumentation)
Summary of Role:
We are seeking a Software Engineer to support and extend the capabilities of the BioXp™ family of products. This role will report to the Director of Software Engineering. A successful candidate will have an enthusiastic entrepreneurial work ethic. This person will work closely with Product Development and Research Scientists as well as Device Manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, design, write and debug production software and algorithms to control automated robotic laboratory instrument.
- Development in Microsoft .NET using C#, C++, MVC windows application.
- Utilize standard Software Lifecycle Management tools and techniques as well as development tools JIRA / Confluence/ Agile / SCRUM.
- Responsible for generation of software validation protocols and test programs as well as software requirements and specification documents.
- Review product and/or application information including manuals and brochures for technical accuracy.
- Able to communicate non-technically to laboratory clients related to production issues and gathering new functional requirements.
- Collaborate with Engineering staff and professionals in other departments in the design, development, construction, installation and maintenance of software applications.
- Contribute to the Software Engineering effort on a high-level in cross-functional project teams, identify project specifications and equipment needs and carry out the necessary effort. Will interface with external contractors or OEM developers and coordinate with hardware/firmware development.
- Machine Vision and OpenCV experience a plus
- Experience with Lambda AWS integration a plus
- Experience with GMP and Software Design Controls plus
- Experience with Prism and MVVM a plus
- All other duties as assigned or necessary
- 7+ years relevant engineering experience or equivalent.
- 5+ years design and development experience using Microsoft .NET Framework, C++, C#.
- Troubleshoot the most challenging problems and recommend and implement solutions.
- Highly adaptable and independent
- Thrive in a start-up, rapidly growing company environment
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, great computer skills
- Take initiative and have a growth mindset
- Follow direction with enthusiasm
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- As a critical and essential role, the candidate must be willing and able to travel to the San Diego, CA office to report to work. We have protocols in place to provide a safe, socially distanced work environment.