Shipping & Receiving Specialist
Summary of Role:
We are seeking a Shipping / Receiving specialist to assist with: (1) overall shipping and receiving tasks. This role will report to the Supply Chain Leader. A successful candidate will have an enthusiastic entrepreneurial work ethic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist for all shipping accounts, on-line account maintenance, and driver relationships for pick-ups (Fed-Ex, UPS, DHL, etc…)
- Assist with all shipping and receiving requirements. Process shipping paperwork to ensure timely and accurate delivery and compliance with all regulations regarding US and international Customs and DOT regulations
- Receive and unload incoming materials and verifying the accuracy of the shipment with the purchase order, packing list/bills of lading as well as inspecting for damaged goods.
- Utilize extensive knowledge of Harmonized Tariff Code (HTS)/product classification, country of origin, product description, cost/value to ensure information is correct on Pro-forma/commercial invoices for export control purposes.
- Handle daily deliveries received from our vendors.
- Distribute packages to their proper location.
- Collect packing slips for goods/items received.
- Assist with ordering of all shipping materials, boxes, tape, packing materials, including regulated shipping materials for certain chemical or biological shipments.
- Work with co-workers to resolve any shipment discrepancies and/or returns.
- Prepare and maintain logs, monthly reports, inventory reports, as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Maintain an organized and clean working area.
- All other responsibilities as assigned
- 3+ years Shipping / Logistics experience in the Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Prepare, package and ship requested packages per DOT / IATA guidelines (to include hazardous materials, and international shipping)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize based on facilities needs and requests.
- Data entry into system database experience preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics ERP is highly preferred.
- Thrive in a start-up, rapidly growing company environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- High school diploma.
- As a critical and essential role, the candidate must be willing and able to travel to the San Diego, CA office to report to work. We have protocols in place to provide a safe, socially distanced work environment.