Research Associate/Senior Research Associate in Assay Development
MedGenome Inc. is a leading genomics services provider. We are dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for basic research, translational medicine and healthcare by leveraging our deep expertise and experience in biology and bioinformatics. MedGenome has built strong partnerships with leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, government, and clinical institutions by delivering on its promise to deliver high-quality data and technical support.
MedGenome is seeking a Research Associate to join its Foster City, CA research team. This position provides an opportunity to perform cutting edge research in the field of antibody technology, and perform assays for functional validation of antibodies in preclinical settings. The selected candidate will also gain experience in next generation sequencing technologies and single cell sequencing to investigate mechanism of antibody action.
- Master’s degree and over 2 years of industry experience OR Bachelor’s degree and over 4 years of academic lab or industry experience. Willing to consider fresh graduates with relevant expertise.
- Experience working with proteins and enzymes, protein expression and purification
- Protein characterization by gel electrophoresis and western blotting
- Experience in performing cell-based functional assays, including ELISA-based assays
- Experience with mammalian cell culture is required, experience with primary cell culture preferred.
- Cloning and basic molecular biology work experience is required.
- Experience in handling multicolor flow-cytometry is strongly desirable.
- Candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate should have the ability learn and adopt new techniques and to thrive in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Candidate should be legally authorized to work in the US.
Please submit a resume with the subject line Research Associate, Assay Development.