Mouse Aging Interventions
SENS Research Foundation (SRF) is hiring a Group Leader, for a new research strand at our research center in Mountain View, Silicon Valley, CA. SRF is a non-profit organisation globally recognized for its dedication to transforming the way the world researches and treats aging (www.sens.org)
The research center hosts the SRF internal research and affiliated initiatives including SRF spinout Underdog Pharmaceuticals. Our ca. 20 lab members include postdoctoral specialists as well as student researchers.
We are seeking a flexible and highly motivated individual to establish a new research strand at SENS Research Foundation focused on testing combinations of aging interventions in rodents. The first project involves a 3-year research programme to investigate a combination of senolytics and cell therapies. Reporting to the SRF VP Research, you will oversee and shape this programme with a view to generate new technologies and insights in regenerative medicine. You will work independently assisted by a dedicated PhD student, other central staff and alongside other Principal Investigators as part of a collaborative effort in accordance with the SRF mission.
- Lead the research programme in liaison with the SRF VP
- research tasks include rodent work (injections, observations, dissections); cell culture and genetic engineering
- Organize and oversee the daily operations of your team
- Mentor and supervise new team members which may include PhD students and interns
- generate and maintain research data files at a high standard
- draft and review Standard Operating Procedures and Protocols
- work independently as well as nurture lab cohesiveness and team development
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- PhD in Biology, Neuroscience, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field
- 5+ years’ laboratory experience
- experience in two or more of the following areas: molecular biology (experience with lenti-virus or adeno-virus); mouse tissue histology; in vivo imaging; rodent work;
- automated microscopy
- supervisory/management experience in a research setting; good interpersonal skills & teamwork
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports
- Desirable Experience: pre-clinical development (startup or pharma);
We offer an excellent benefits package including paid vacation and sick leave, fully covered health insurance (inclusive of dependents), an FSA program, and a company matched 401(k) plan, all of which is offered after a 90-day introductory period. SENS Research Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our organisation.
The position is available now and will be filled as soon as the qualified candidate is found.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ~ $80,000.00 /year
Please submit your CV along with a Cover Letter to Alexandra.Stolzing@sens.org