ESCAPE BIO, Inc., a privately held, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, is developing precisely targeted, novel therapies for genetically defined patients with neurodegeneration. ESCAPE BIO was founded to leverage the rapid acquisition of emerging knowledge about novel neurobiology and genomics. We have a diverse pipeline of novel and best-in-class small molecule therapeutics in major areas of unmet need. We are building the leading neurodegenerative disease company focused on neurodegenerative orphan populations.
ESCAPE BIO has a strong investor base and management team and has a pipeline of early stage clinical development programs.
The Accounting Manager will initially report to the VP of Finance. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position will encompass tight deadlines, a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end, tax and audit preparation, and the support of the budget, forecasting and long-term financial planning activities. The Accounting Manager will have direct contact with the CEO, CFO and external partners (senior-level Attorney’s, Auditors, Tax Professionals, Bankers) which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Manage the daily banking requirements bank and investment account balances.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Reconcile monthly bank and credit card statements
- Record payroll and related taxes utilizing payroll service reports
- Assist in managing audit, insurance, tax reporting, legal communications, company filings
- Manage and reconcile cap table and assist in processing stock options and exercises
- Manage/track Contracts/SOW’s and financial reporting against Contracts/SOW’s for technical team members as appropriate
- Assist VP of Finance with special projects as requested
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (or related experience)
- Current CPA designation or CPA track a plus
- Big 4 experience a plus
- 4+ years of progressive responsibility, including team management and process improvement
- Previous experience in a fast-growing environment is a plus
- Previous experience in the life-science / medical device industry is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands on experience with ERP systems (NetSuite knowledge a plus)
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), balance sheet and income statements, internal controls, and other areas related to financial reporting requirements required
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn new skills and be autonomous
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be highly organized, be able to prioritize and multitask.
- Must have high level of integrity, accuracy and be detail-oriented
- Able to adapt and thrive in a highly complex accounting environment with rapidly changing priorities