Sr. Production Scheduler
Headquartered in Nashville, TN – one of the fastest-growing and most exciting cities in the United States – August Bioservices is a privately-owned, high-growth, and high-impact Contract Development Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) and Contract Research Organization (CRO). As a US-based outsourcing partner that provides a wide array of expert drug discovery, drug formulation, and drug manufacturing services to pharma and biotech companies of all sizes, we play a vital role in the global pharmaceutical industry. Our work is instrumental in helping to develop molecules today that can become the life-changing therapies of tomorrow. To support our growth plans, August is investing significant capital in a two-phase expansion project – including building a new state-of-the-art facility adjacent to our current facility. For those seeking dynamic opportunities, rewarding career paths and a chance to make a difference in global health, come grow with August!
The Production Scheduler is responsible for proactively maintaining and continuously improving the production schedule. The Scheduler will perform all duties to ensure the departmental schedulers are accurate and communicated to all relevant departments to drive short term execution of plans. Will ensure all schedules are created respecting existing labor and asset capacities and achievable based on planned material availabilities. Drive timely resolution on all scheduling conflicts with relevant stakeholders.
- Create, track, and maintain the short-term schedules to provide visibility to defined departments to drive short term execution of plans
- Incorporate input from all relevant departments to ensure schedules are realistic within relevant constraints and latest information
- Drive optimization of schedules by balancing demand priorities against optimal production sequencing and efficient resource (facility/suite, equipment, staff, materials etc.) utilization
- Ensure all feedback regarding changes to existing plans is incorporated into schedules in timely manner
- Maintain detailed planning and scheduling parameters in planning system to allow optimal use of system scheduling functionality
- Generate relevant KPI and operational measures to support identification of trends or root causing of sub-optimal performance
- Maintain accurate production schedule, providing data for the MRP process to meet production demands
- Review documents such as production schedules, work orders, and staffing tables to determine personnel and materials requirements, and material priorities
- Monitor production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, and quality control measures
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Degree preferred; Preferred field of study, Supply Chain or Business Management.
- CPIM Certification highly desired
- 8 or more years of experience in a Scheduler role, preferably within a GMP (Good Manufacturing Principles) environment.
- Ability to influence both Supply Chain and functional leaders to support production optimization recommendations
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to measure and report metrics (KPI’s) and help to identify issues through peers and manager through root cause analysis
- Experience with production scheduling systems and ERP systems, SAP preferred.
- Competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to utilize Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports
August Bioservices is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. August Bioservices does not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.