Assistant Scientist II
Perform virologic assays, including under GLP conditions, using a variety of human and non-human pathogens in the presence of blood components.
- Execute experiments, either independently or as a team member; including experiments for product claims and regulatory submissions.
- Work with various viruses in BSL-2+ environments.
- Prepare and manipulate various blood products including plasma, platelets and red blood cells.
- Develop, optimize, and qualify or validate viral enumeration assays.
- Perform and appropriately document GLP and notebook studies.
- Act as principal investigator/study director in conducting experiments.
- Make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses.
- Analyze data and results for research experiments as well as GLP studies.
- Prepare final reports, study plans, etc., necessary for multiple projects.
- Prepare and present experimental results in appropriate forums.
- May present at scientific conferences and contribute to scientific publications.
- May provide expertise on project teams, including contribution of ideas, developing plans, execution of the plan and timely reporting of results.
- Maintain high level of professional expertise through familiarity with current scientific literature.
- Contribute to project progress within his/her scientific discipline.
- May mentor or provide guidance to other personnel.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with minimum 8-11 years of experience, or
- Master’s degree in a scientific discipline with a minimum 5-8 years of experience.
- Experience culturing mammalian cell culture.
- Experience working with viruses is a must.
- Experience working with human blood products desirable.
- Experience working in a GLP or other regulated environment desirable.
- Proficient in writing reports, regulatory submissions and publications.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong mathematics skills.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, scientific, and graphics applications
- Sharp analytical skills; problem-solving, trouble-shooting, innovative.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal, listening)
- Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Good time management. (schedules, timelines, task prioritization)