Cell Processor - Cellular and Molecular Therapeutics
We are currently searching for a Cell Processor to provide support and analysis for cellular and molecular therapeutics laboratory research. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a laboratory notebook: collect and maintain accurate records of all laboratory activities.
- Manage biospecimen inventory: tracking and entry of specimens into inventory.
- Organize and update biospecimen physical inventory regularly.
- Prepare documents and reports.
- Train staff to use inventory system and manage staff accounts.
- Train staff in cell processing and related methods.
- Process clinical blood and bone marrow samples and freeze samples.
- Prepare blood by whole lysis or density sedimentation methods.
- Perform basic molecular and cell biologic protocols.
- Prepare cell samples for flow cytometry; perform and analyze appropriate experiments in the flow cytometry facility.
- Order chemicals, reagents, and other laboratory supplies.
- Maintain equipment in good working order.
- Work with staff to ensure smooth day-to-day laboratory operations.
- Process or prepare patient samples for clinical testing.
- Provide reporting and documentation related to biospecimen inventory system.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent with relevant 1-2 years laboratory experience.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office) required.
- Knowledge of proper laboratory disposal methods and safety procedures.
- Must be organized, with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be attentive to detail.
- Must possess a high level of independent judgment and accuracy.
- Ability to work both individually and in a team-oriented environment.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.