Clinical Sales Specialist – Stamford, CT
Location/Territory: Stamford, CTJob Description:
Meet and or exceed sales goals in an assigned territory by developing, implementing, and executing an integrated territory business plan encompassing key customer targets. Able to provide subject matter expertise concerning scientific and clinical information of the Therapeutic disease state and Korlym. Deliver clinically brand specific presentations of Corcept Therapeutics products to physicians and other appropriate health care professionals by utilizing Corcept Therapeutics’ selling model. Effectively utilize and manage all Corcept Therapeutics approved resources to optimize return on investment. Plan and execute medical education programs, speaker dinner programs, and in collaboration with internal and external partners build customer loyalty and position Corcept Therapeutics as the leading company in the treatment of Cushing’s syndrome.Responsibilities:
- Proactively sell and promote Corcept Therapeutics products to targeted and non- targeted physicians and healthcare professionals in territory and develop an appropriate territory business plan to influence their prescribing habits.
- Develop and maintain relationships with influential customers in the territory (e.g. high prescribers and thought leaders) to enhance company and/or product loyalty and build the Corcept Therapeutics brand.
- Manage territory budget to support sales and marketing activities.
- Utilization of defined selling model by obtaining maximum commitment from customers on every call to impact positive territory sales results.
- Develop programs to enhance territory sales and assist in business plans and goals. Seek and analyze information on competition, market and industry trends and discern how this could impact the business and adapt to changing conditions.
- Effectively manage and prioritize time and resources to maximize sales.
- Leverage understanding of clinical studies and managed care to consult, influence and maintain customer relationships. Customize discussions with customers based understanding the Corcept Therapeutics’ needs.
- Integrate and partner with colleagues and Corcept Therapeutics counterparts to maximize appropriate territory activities and accomplish positive results for Corcept Therapeutics and the customer, including Medical Science Liaisons, Therapeutic Clinical Liaisons, marketing personnel, and managed care account managers as required.
- Actively participate in continuous learning and development programs, such as technical updates and professional skills enhancement.
- Complete and adhere to all administrative duties and compliance policies and training.
- Adhere to company standards and values for personal honesty, integrity, trust, respect, and accountability. Perform all responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures and applicable state and federal rules and regulations.
- Required to travel up to 100% of the time and be able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Must maintain a Department of Motor Vehicles’ driving record in accordance with Corcept Therapeutics’ fleet, federal and state requirements.
- Fast paced, flexibility to adapt and maintain business complexities to a changing landscape.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum two years sales experience (3+ preferred) with a successful track record in field sales in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical or healthcare industry. Therapeutic and/or endocrinology and/or injectable sales experience is also preferred. Retail, wholesale, specialty sales and/or institution experience is desirable.