Manager, Employee Engagement and Giving (Volunteering)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Manager, Employee Engagement and Giving will manage and implement AbbVie’s global employee volunteer programs that align with the AbbVie Foundation’s philanthropic priorities related to building resilient communities and AbbVie’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) approach. The Manager will be reporting to the Associate Director, Employee Engagement and Giving, which is part of the Corporate Responsibility & Global Philanthropy organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead AbbVie’s global volunteer program, including Week of Possibilities, AbbVie’s signature global week of volunteer service, and company-wide volunteer initiatives.
- Manage employee engagement budget related to volunteer activities, including corporate and AbbVie Foundation grants.
- Collaborate and engage internal stakeholders, including cross-functional leaders, Employee Resources Groups and engaged employees, as well as external stakeholders, including local and global community partners, vendors and consultants to effectively advance employee engagement programs and impact.
- Responsible for directing and ensuring the ongoing development and maintenance of AbbVie’s employee engagement website platform for giving and volunteering, including managing the vendor that maintains the website platform.
- Manage relationships with local community partners and manage grant and community requests from both US and global stakeholders and ensure timely follow-up.
- Represent the AbbVie Employee Engagement and Giving team, as appropriate, with community partners and internal AbbVie stakeholders.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures, including contract, invoice, and budget management.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in communications, English, journalism, philanthropy or other communication-related experience.
- 7 years of experience including 3-4 years in a corporate, corporate foundation, or nonprofit environment. Direct experience in grant making and employee engagement programs (including workplace giving and employee volunteer programs).
- Experience in employee giving, volunteering, and/or engagement is a plus.
- Proven experience managing multiple programs and initiatives with ability to prioritize and problem solve in a fast paced environment.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong event management skills.
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
- Experience interacting with and presenting to employee groups and community partners, and ability to engage employees at all levels, and inspire action.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability manage day-to-day program budgets accurately and efficiently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with employee giving and engagement technology platforms a plus.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Impactful implementation –proactively plan, execute and socialize work to drive superior results.
- Strategic thinking –set clear direction, prioritize effectively and make informed choices that drive impact.
- Analysis to Actionable Insight – learning mindset, digging deep for insights to guide actions and routinely measuring to determine impact.
- Integration and influence –influence as fully integrated members of the cross-functional team.
- Storytelling Excellence –develop and deliver compelling narratives that tell our story internally and externally, with a digital mindset
- Expert judgement – act wisely under pressure and are self-=assured in representing the team, function or organization.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.