Senior Machine Learning DevOps Engineer
Pacific Biosciences (NASDAQ: PACB) Bioinformatics Production Engineering Team is at the forefront of producing scalable, innovative, hardware-near, and production-level software, to generate and process, highly-accurate long reads (HiFi) on our instruments, employing bioinformatics algorithms, statistical models, and novel machine learning (ML) approaches.
Data produced by our products goes into the hands of thousands of scientists and enables breakthroughs in genomics, transcriptomics, and epigenetics.
Behind every successful product is a team that cares about code quality, critically analyzes results, collaborates extensively with internal and external stakeholders and is open to new changes to enable the next evolution in biological data analysis.
For this role we're seeking a Senior Machine Learning DevOps Engineer that has experience in integrating ML proof of concepts into production.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely together with ML scientists and operationalize proof of concept solutions
- Own CI/CD from start to finish
- Build, configure, deploy, and maintain scalable ML pipelines on our sequencing instruments
What we need to see:
- Experience in RPM, conda, or nix; preferably yocto/buildroot
- Integration experience of ML libraries, such as PyTorch, Keras, TensorFlow, TensorRT
- Deep experience with CUDA or GPGPU
- Deep experience with C, C++, and python build systems
- Daily usage of git, bamboo/jenkins, and jira/bugzilla
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to motivate yourself and finish projects
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Intricate knowledge of C++
- Experience in performance optimizing the ML inference step
- Deploy ML solutions to Azure, AWS, and/or GCP
- Experience with hardware system profiling
- Debug and solve complex system/integration issues
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.